PDA

View Full Version : Rough Time Again Due to Palpitations

Strew49
15-12-23, 01:00
*(I moved this thread from 'symptoms' because it's been so long since I visited here that I forgot what forums exist. 'Health Anxiety' feels more suitable for the main issue)

Ten years ago I had objective trouble with my heart (Wolf Parkinson White, SVT and more) which led to a lot of investigations (including an EP study which only unveiled the WPW). I spent a lot of that time anxious, convinced I was going to die, Drs had to risk assess me in terms of how at risk I was of cardiac arrest which done nothing for my anxiety. I was convinced for a long time I'd lose my life early, in a sudden and horrifying way.

During that time I started having ectopic heart beats, they feel like sudden (sometimes painful) thuds, flips or fluttering. I've continued to have them since my WPW was cured and I was told they're harmless and to ignore them. However, during the WPW investigations a halter monitor caught when felt like a chain of those thuds followed by some squeezing pain. A Dr called me in and told me I was being referred for an ablation as I 'could have had a cardiac arrest' but it was never explained why or what she'd seen, when I asked the next Dr I was just told he didn't agree with her but would do the operation anyway. I'm now terrified every time I get bad runs of ectopics, what if what she saw was VT and I'm still at risk?

I don't get the longer runs often since the ablation but I had a sudden bad set last week while resting and relaxing watching TV, had the sudden feeling of my heart flipping but instead of returning to normal it carried on for what felt like 5 or more beats followed by an intense squeezing pain. I've had a recent halter monitor because my palpitations had been acting up again and I'm waiting on a GP appointment in the coming days to discuss the findings and the recent episode. However, I'm completely spiralling again about cardiac arrest risk/VT etc. I know the logical thing is to wait and talk to a Dr but my brain is going into some very dark depths. I know no one here can tell me what happened to my heart, I don't expect that. But I do need to vent to people who understand. A lot of people have reassured me these experiences can be normal, but it just isn't going in. Instead, I'm going deeper into existential crises about life.

Sunflower2
15-12-23, 15:58
Can completely relate, have also sent a pm hoping that will help!