PDA

View Full Version : Major Panic Attack After Many Years.

Pkstracy
29-12-23, 14:11
I've been dealing with a dodgy tummy, which I posted about in the IBS thread, now my mind keeps thinking it is something more sinister. I threw myself into a huge panic attack crying, shaking, can't stop googling, and I haven't googled symptoms in years, I feel so defeated right now.

Carnation
29-12-23, 14:39
PK, you know googling will only fill your head with scary thoughts. Think logical, there's no reason for it to be anything serious. You've already mentioned your IBS and the tension and upset you've had recently. If you are eating anxiously, it will affect your tummy. If you are emotional, that can affect your tummy. Give it time to settle, eat wisely until then and sit yourself down to watch something relaxing on TV. :hugs:

Pkstracy
29-12-23, 16:41
You're right Carn, I shouldn't have googled, and yes emotions can play a big factor. I am eating some rice right now a few bites at time I stop when my bowels start doing it's thing and then I'll take a few more bites when it settles. Sending you hugs. Thank you so much. I just feel so alone right now and missing my mom.

Carnation
29-12-23, 19:36
You are not alone, just take it one day at a time or even moment. Missing your mum is natural. You will always miss her but over time you will not feel so emotionally tormented. :hugs:

Miu medical billing
29-12-23, 20:27
I understand, anxiety spirals are tough. Deep breaths first. Remember, panic attacks often feed on "what ifs" and worst-case scenarios. You've already reached out and sought support, that's huge! Now:

Ground yourself: Breathe deeply, feel your feet on the floor, focus on the present.
Challenge the thoughts: Are your fears based on evidence or past experiences?
Distract yourself: Do something calming, engage a friend, watch a funny video.
Seek professional help: If worry persists, reach out to a therapist or doctor.

You're stronger than you think! Hang in there and remember, this is temporary.

Pkstracy
29-12-23, 21:55
Carn, MIU, thank you both so much for the support and kind words am feeling a lot better today. So far tummy is behaving, been sleeping a lot. I hope you both are doing well.

Pkstracy
31-12-23, 05:57
I am over my issue now my anxiety is up about my kitten which I'll post about in the Pet section I swear if it's not one thing it's another.

Pkstracy
18-07-24, 16:08
Having another panic attacks after not having one in years, freaking out about the veins in my hands that look darker in certain lighting but my mind keeps going to cyanosis, my nails aren't blue and neither are the tips of my fingers, I do have very pale skin, I keep checking my hands and making a fist which makes the knuckle and lower part of my finger look more blue I keep telling myself it's my veins, it's only my veins, I have never really paid attention to the front of my hands before, until this morning when I was in the bathroom and I was like oh my God my hands fingers look dark, also been having lose stools again after not having them for months, yeah I know anxiety and IBS, I just hate having anxiety and am trying to calm myself down right now, I think part of it also stems from having lost five people close to me and two pets, back to back from June 2023 -March 2024

BlueIris
18-07-24, 16:44
Sending love - no matter how it might feel, you've got this.

Pkstracy
18-07-24, 18:46
Hugs back to you Blue, I went and sat in the sun and didn't see what I saw earlier, I am a little better now, just having anxiety tummy, (the usual gas, running to the bathroom and having lose stool, feeling like I am going to throw up. )

Pkstracy
21-07-24, 00:52
Great now my anxiety is flaring up, I am a gamer and so I use my right arm a lot, it's my dominate arm of course, I have tight muscles in my shoulder and neck and every so often my whole right arm will have the pins and needles feeling, my right pinky finger the skin feels numb and sometimes it will hurt when I touch it. , my husband keeps telling me I may have strained or pinched something and he said you do know that it's been a year since your friend and mom died, a year since your other friends died and almost a year since our cat and dog died, he goes honey you have had seven deaths back to back and not to mention you had horrible anxiety a day or so ago, factor that in to not enough sleep and not enough food and gaming for hours, your messed up your shoulder and it's going to take weeks to get over, you don't rest it and keep using it, I am like yeah I know, but my health anxiety keeps telling me there is something more, Used to when my arm and stuff would get tight it would go away in a couple of days this has been going on for almost a week, I have never had a pinched nerve, I just have tightness in shoulder, and pins and needles feeling, no feeling of weakness full range of motion but it does get tired if I hold in upright like in the air for a few moments and sometimes the back of my right leg from my buttock to my foot will tingle. I am so tired of this.

Pkstracy
21-07-24, 03:30
okay so I did a telehealth chat with a doctor, told him all my symptoms, told him that a couple of times when I was wiping, my hand pressed against the toilet seat really hard and I had sharp pain in my right hand where the pinky is from the wrist to the pinky and that I am a gamer who games for hours and I sleep on my stomach, he said I have multiple things going on such as cubital tunnel syndrome or Ulnar tunnel syndrome as well as a nerve injury in my hand from when it got pressed hard against the toilet seat, and by resting on my elbows a lot and from sleeping on my stomach, it will heal in three to four months depending on how much of the nerve is damaged, he said nerves heal aat 1mm length per month so if I bruised 1/4 '' of my nerve I am looking at four months. He said since I don't have muscle weakness and full range of motion and not other issues that is what he is going to say, I have to not game for a week, keep my arm wrapped and in a sling and when not in sling I have to rub aspercream on the area, and apply heat then ice and take tylenol as directed.