PDA

View Full Version : Atkins and Panic

tessa
18-02-05, 21:10
A girlfriend of mine told me that following the Atkins diet can bring on panic attacks. She has them too. Anyway, she told me that she read a book called "Potatoes Not Prozac" Does anyone out there have any knowlege of this? Is it true??[?]

tessa

nomorepanic
18-02-05, 22:03
I don't know about the real facts but my mum did Atkins and felt very headachy and dizzy for the first week or so. This alone can cause us sufferers to panic.

Some people are fine on it but it is not recommended long term.

Nicola

Meg
18-02-05, 23:02
The book makes some good points and Atkins also has some good points but it is not a healthy diet for your body . Puts great strain on your systems

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

tessa
21-02-05, 15:24
Thanks for your replies Nicola and Meg,
I have been following the Atkins diet strictly for over a year and a half. I do think is affecting my panic attacks. I am thinking of trying the "South Beach Diet" because it is recommended that you have carbs as long as it is the good ones.
Thanks again,
[:I]

tessa

Meg
22-02-05, 21:00
Tessa

The GI diet is best for anxiety .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance