PDA

View Full Version : HELP Blood when I wiped / in the bowl

Ejm
11-01-24, 09:08
Hi all, I’m 35 (turned 35 on Sunday just gone) and have always been very regular in my bowel movements.

As normal, first thing in the morning on Sunday I went number 2. Nothing abnormal that I recall until I wiped. There was substantial (say a few inches long and 1 inch wide) streak of bright red blood on the toilet paper (Happy Birthday!). The bowl was dark and I couldn’t see the stool but obviously there was blood in the bowl for the water to be that colour.

It only happened the once. Have been numerous times since with nothing (I’m watching like a hawk now!). I wasn’t going to see my GP until last night randomly a friend mentioned my eyes looked like they were yellow (jaundice). That was like a switch and now I can’t switch my brain off.

I saw GP today and she has ordered colonoscopy and gastroscopy plus a blood test. To note, I had bloods done as part of an annual check up in November and my bilirubin was up slightly but liver function was fine and everything else was ok. GP put it as Gilbert’s Syndrome.

I remember wiping very hard on the Saturday (I can’t remember why) so can only assume I tore the skin then and everything likely suggests Its that or a hemorrhoid but that switch has been flicked.

I also had a scan in November for what I thought was a hernia (ultrasound and abdominal xray) that both came back clear. I don’t know if they would have seen something or not.

Help me

WiredIncorrectly
11-01-24, 09:24
Do you drink alcohol?

Ejm
11-01-24, 09:27
Hi, I do but not often. Maybe once a fortnight.

Carnation
11-01-24, 10:23
A similar thing happened to me a few months back.
I wiped too hard and with hot burning water and I had caused abrasion to the area. Quite a bit of blood came when I wiped and looked at the toilet paper. Then I was obviously sore. I left well alone and nothing since.
I was also using cheap toilet paper at the time, was more like kitchen towel tbh. My o/h kindly checked it was definitely exterior rather than interior.

Ejm
11-01-24, 10:33
Thanks! Good to know I’m not alone. I did really well for about 18 months but the HA is back with a vengeance!