PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here have good knowledge of horses, football or gambling?

WiredIncorrectly
14-01-24, 11:18
Interested to know if there's any expert gamblers, horse experts, or football experts here who would be willing to work on a software project with me.

I know little about horses and football, but I've been interested in CAW (Computer Assisted Wagering) for a long time. I studied gambling when I was 17 from some good books. But I didn't have the programming skills to do anything with it.

Now I do. and today with have AI. I understand linear regression and have write software that demonstrates I know what I'm doing.

The problem is I'm not a domain expert in this. I know little about horses, and football. Which are the 2 sports that have a lot of data that can be used for backtesting, analysis and simulation. I need somebody who I can question and pick there brains. Somebody who can offer suggestions, and ideas too.

I use the Go programming language, and I consider myself an expert with it.

So now I need one or more people who can work with me utilizing their knowledge of gambling, or horses, or football. So if you have those skills and you're interested in having a bit of fun let me know.

Disclaimer

I do not use real money. This is fantasy gambling. I will never ask you to use real money or sign up to anything.

LittleLionMan
14-01-24, 13:44
Hi Wired, you are speaking my language here.
Football obsessed, own racehorses, and probably make about £10k a year at the bookies. :roflmao:

WiredIncorrectly
18-01-24, 11:10
Sorry for the late reply. I've been a bit busy of late. I wasn't expecting anybody to responsd.

So you're man that knows a lot about this. Impressive. Do your horses have any wins?

Have you used CAW software before, or had any dabbling's with AI?

I'll shoot you a private message later tonight with my current idea and if possible pick your brains a little.

LittleLionMan
20-01-24, 09:27
No worries. BlueIris spotted your post and gave me a nudge.

Yeah, these are my main hobbies to be honest, I study the race cards every day, and obviously am hugely involved in the horses I own. I have 8 wins all together as an owner… last season I had 2 winners and was plagued by 2nds.

I use a number cruncher that helps me with where to look for winners, and I use biometric analysis when buying horses, but have never utilised AI in horse racing.

Of course, drop me a message.