PDA

View Full Version : Have you had the same?

HR68
14-01-24, 13:02
IÂ’ve had a really bad time with health anxiety over the last 4 months and for the last couple of weeks or so IÂ’ve had the feeling of something being stuck at the top of my throat. It seems to move up and down when I swallow and then kind of just sits there. Sometimes it feels scratchy and other times it feels like thereÂ’s a golf ball in there. There are times when I donÂ’t feel it. I have no problem with eating and drinking and it seems to help when I have eaten. I really hate the feeling and worry it could be something serious. My neck is so tense and just canÂ’t relax. Thoughts are going through my head all the time. I went to my doctor earlier this week for my anxiety and mentioned my throat. They had a look and couldnÂ’t see anything. I was sent for a blood test to check my thyroid which came back completely normal. How do you cope with it. I just want it to go away. Everything else in life is fine and just want to enjoy it but I can’t because of this issue. Any tips to help get rid of this thing?

Fishmanpa
14-01-24, 13:11
IÂ’ve had a really bad time with health anxiety over the last 4 months and for the last couple of weeks or so IÂ’ve had the feeling of something being stuck at the top of my throat. It seems to move up and down when I swallow and then kind of just sits there. Sometimes it feels scratchy and other times it feels like thereÂ’s a golf ball in there. There are times when I donÂ’t feel it. I have no problem with eating and drinking and it seems to help when I have eaten. I really hate the feeling and worry it could be something serious. My neck is so tense and just canÂ’t relax. Thoughts are going through my head all the time. I went to my doctor earlier this week for my anxiety and mentioned my throat. They had a look and couldnÂ’t see anything. I was sent for a blood test to check my thyroid which came back completely normal. How do you cope with it. I just want it to go away. Everything else in life is fine and just want to enjoy it but I can’t because of this issue. Any tips to help get rid of this thing?

Best tip would be treat the underlying issue causing it; Anxiety. Ever heard of globus? Also, read THIS. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Throat_tighteningChokingSwallowing_proble ms)

FMP

Jase.
15-01-24, 21:23
Globus sensation. I have exactly the same my friend. Absolute classic symptom of anxiety and while it's irritating as hell, it's absolutely nothing whatsoever to worry about.

The more I think about it the worse it will get. The more I forget about it the less severe it becomes.