PDA

View Full Version : cardiac anxiety.

chrisjose1913
17-01-24, 00:42
Hello so it's been a very long time, however in recent weeks i have had a massive relapse in health anxiety after nearly 8 years. Around the time of Christmas I started getting very anxious about my heart, in fact i had my first panic attack in several years, anyway I managed to calm down a little, then on new years eve early morning I got out of bed to attend a call of nature, I fainted not once but twice. in a row. I spoke to a doctor about it using 111, and after going through the events he explained I got up too quick and my body simply did not have time. I decided the following day however to go A&E, they did all my vitals, however no doctor was on call that evening. They asked me to come in the following day, and i did just that. The doctor put me on an ECG did blood tests ETC. She returned after all the test were done, and said nothing showed up on the ECG that was of concern, and my bloods were normal too. she mentioned my heart rate was at the low end of normal, her parting words to me, as she was aware I was anxious, were that I am young and healthy (32 years old). In any case since then I have been obsessed with checking my pulse, almost constantly, I have noticed sometimes that my heart pulse feels strange, this in turn makes me want to check even more. 90% of the time it feels normal, with a heart rate ranging from 64 to 72 BPM resting sometimes as low as 61 BPM I did use a pulse oximeter this evening and it showed 58 BPM, however this was for a very short amount of time not long after i fitted it. I have tired to reassure myself, that the strange pulse was just nerves, or some other explanation not related to the heart, however in trying to reassure myself I end up checking it more. My biggest fear that is driving this new cycle is sudden adult death syndrome. In recent months, all these reports have been coming out about the subject of sudden adult death, browsing my FB feed for example, often reveals some claims about how Covid jabs are causing these deaths ETC. I have fears about things like bradycardia, and arrhythmia in general. I can still jog fine and walk miles, but none the less i just cannot shake this fear.