PDA

View Full Version : Urgent- can’t cope. Blood pressure

willous1
25-01-24, 17:57
I saw a nurse practitioner today over something unrelated (viral infection). My blood pressure has been the same for years and higher when in doctors. I am stressed as it is and it was 149/85. No doctors have ever had an issue however she asked me to do a weeks chart of it. I feel like I can’t cope now and just keep crying. Worst time to get me to do it! Feel such bad anxiety etc. I am now so worried I can’t go on! My life has turned dark! She told me she’s not worried…well why bloody tell me to do it then! Doctors have never ever said they were concerned. I don’t know where to go from this darkness

nomorepanic
25-01-24, 18:30
That really isn't that high!!

You are overthinking this one I have to say.

Carnation
25-01-24, 18:32
149/85 is not high and certainly not dangerous.
It's true that bp may rise on a doctors visit and they should take that into account.
Can you discuss this with your GP? Maybe over the phone. You could get another Dr to take another reading if it concerns you.

willous1
25-01-24, 18:59
I was thinking that. I may speak to a GP tomorrow.

I have had higher and they haven’t been concerned because they know me. The Nurse hardly looked at my notes!

Why does my brain work like this! I try so hard and am doing CBT again but I can’t cope with anything like this! The he Nurse said she wasn’t worried so why tell me to do it. I will speak to my GP tomorrow but just feel so sad and crying all the time. My wife won’t talk to me about it. My Mum said she’s had high blood pressure for years and doesn’t worry, just takes meds. If that’s high, surely I can just diet and make lifestyle changes. I googled and I shouldn’t have, why do I do it :(
so sorry all, I’m so grateful. This website saved me years back and I know it’s not for reassurance and it’s a friendly forum however it’s so nice to have people you can talk to and express.

Carnation
25-01-24, 19:47
Honestly, that reading isn't anything to worry about.