PDA

View Full Version : Red patch in mouth and now obsessive checking

Frosteh
28-01-24, 11:20
I noticed a red patch in my mouth along my cheek. I thought maybe it could be a bite due to it's position with my back teeth. In the last 24hrs I've checked approximately 27 times, I can't leave the bathroom as thoughts rush in, "maybe I didn't check enough", so then I get stuck in a cycle of checking, going to leave, checking again. If I touch the door knob then I have to wash my hands before checking so my hands are dry and sore as heck too. The checking is ridiculous. I guess I'll try and fine a dentist tomorrow.

Darksky
28-01-24, 11:40
I’ve had this. When I broke off a bit of my back wisdom tooth it left a sharp edge. Now and then when I was chewing I would catch my cheek between my teeth. I made a very sore spot until the dentist sorted it.

Frosteh
28-01-24, 12:15
I don't think mine is really saw tbh. I looked at a thing called Erythroplakia it says it's a red legion which bleeds easily when scrapped. Mine doesn't and it says it can be pre-cancerous so it's best to get it sorted quickly. I'm thinking I'll have to pay to see a dentist for a general check up but it appears then it isn't too much of a issue if it's caught quick. I might be paying for nothing but it's better to have a checkup, though still worrying like mad.