PDA

View Full Version : Shaking hands with someone who had a plaster and cut

willous1
28-01-24, 15:43
Hi all! My private CBT I’m doing is really helping however I now have another worry! I was out earlier and saw someone I knew from years ago. I shook there hand and straight away he said “ouch I shouldn’t have done that”. I saw a plaster on his thumb and he said….i cut my finger earlier and should have gone to a&e for a couple of stitches. I immediately panicked and went to a local bathroom to wash my hands thoroughly! I didn’t see any blood but now I’m sick with worry! Please help. I’ve told my wife and she laughed so we’ve fallen out as she’s sick of my anxiety. What do I do

willous1
28-01-24, 15:59
Getting pains in my chest as I’ve stressed myself out so much

Fishmanpa
28-01-24, 18:27
I’ve told my wife and she laughed

I would have had a chuckle at that one too TBH. WAY over the edge there 'W' :doh:

FMP

Carnation
29-01-24, 11:02
Anxiety can lead you to believe all sorts of scary stuff that will never actually happen.
He said he shouldn't have done that because it obviously was sore. He wasn't transferring blood to you in anyway. You don't even have an open wound. It's your protective mechanism kicking in and obviously anxiety. Forget about it. It happened and it's past now.