PDA

View Full Version : Flat stool

Lucidite1
31-01-24, 17:22
Hello!
I unfortunately fell again in the arms of health anxiety ❤
I'm 29, female. I've had a lot of stress for over a month, due to my work, family life etc. But it was intense,crying at work, panic attacks etc. I also changed my diet, trying to lose a little weight.
Exactly a week ago, I noticed that my stool is flat, it's not as flat as a ribbon, but definitely flat. From my previous HA adventures I remember that it's one of the symptoms of colon cancer. So I started to panic. A lot.
My bowel has been producing these flat poops everyday for a week now. They are formed, but soft, they look like rectangles. I used to go to the toilet once a day - in the morning after coffee. Now I have 3 rounds - all still in the morning. There aren't any more symptoms - no pains, no blood in the toilet, no weightloss.
Does anybody have that? I'm getting worried. My family tells me to chill, but well, I can't 🤷🏻*♀️

jojo2316
01-02-24, 11:35
Sorry you are struggling. Health anxiety is a beast. But ask yourself this: Is this a symptom anyone without heath anxiety would worry about- or even notice?

Jase.
01-02-24, 22:05
My bowel habits change *every* time whenever I attempt a diet or alter my existing one and my GP always says it's more than likely just your digestive system being slightly confused as to what's going on - it'll return to normal in no time.

Positive thoughts, lovely.

Stressed32
04-02-24, 19:49
Hemorrhoids can cause the exact same. I have flatter than normal poo. Mine are never fully rounded. My advise- stop looking! You can really go down a rabbit hole with this one. At one point, I was completely obsessed w color and shape that I was actually inspecting it and even touched it to break it open to make sure there was no blood there. Just flush and walk away.

Lucidite1
07-02-24, 21:00
Oh, definitely not! I think nobody looks in their toilet after doing the business 😅

Lucidite1
07-02-24, 21:01
Sorry you are struggling. Health anxiety is a beast. But ask yourself this: Is this a symptom anyone without heath anxiety would worry about- or even notice?

Oh, definitely not! I think nobody looks in their toilet after doing the business 😅

Lucidite1
07-02-24, 21:02
My bowel habits change *every* time whenever I attempt a diet or alter my existing one and my GP always says it's more than likely just your digestive system being slightly confused as to what's going on - it'll return to normal in no time.

Positive thoughts, lovely.

I hope so. It's been two weeks now. After eating at McDonald's I managed to produce one normal poop, but it came back to the flat ones again

Lucidite1
07-02-24, 21:03
Hemorrhoids can cause the exact same. I have flatter than normal poo. Mine are never fully rounded. My advise- stop looking! You can really go down a rabbit hole with this one. At one point, I was completely obsessed w color and shape that I was actually inspecting it and even touched it to break it open to make sure there was no blood there. Just flush and walk away.

That sounds wise, I need to try this!
Well, maybe I have hemorroids, I never checked tbh

Fishmanpa
07-02-24, 22:09
Oh, definitely not! I think nobody looks in their toilet after doing the business 

My bathroom habits have been all over the place since cancer and HA or not, I believe we all look to see our business. The difference is HA. :winks:

FMP

JD8888
19-02-24, 15:42
Mine have been all over the place lately but I had a massive BM this morning and that really helped put my mind at ease. Sometimes it’s the small things that help us.

Arie12
19-02-24, 17:56
I hope so. It's been two weeks now. After eating at McDonald's I managed to produce one normal poop, but it came back to the flat ones again

I had this for months. Not one normal stool, was obsessed with it. Currently facing a completely different health scare, the focus was on something else, my bowels returned back to normal with a normal, beautiful poo once or twice a day. Flat stools are not a sign of the big C by the way.

Lucidite1
07-04-24, 20:02
I had this for months. Not one normal stool, was obsessed with it. Currently facing a completely different health scare, the focus was on something else, my bowels returned back to normal with a normal, beautiful poo once or twice a day. Flat stools are not a sign of the big C by the way.

I stopped paying attention to this, because well, I had other, more crazy health scares. I don't know if it ever came back to normal or was the same all the time. Buuuut, today and yesterday I looked 🤦*♀️ And it was flat. And I hate myself and my shitty brain 💩