PDA

View Full Version : Cervical mass on ultrasound

katniss
02-02-24, 01:50
Okay everyone! So I got an ultrasound done in June 2022 because I was pregnant at the time. Tech did a transvaginal exam and in my report the tech noted: heterogeneous vascular area in cervix. I googled and it can mean cancer. The radiologist and my doc didn’t even mention it. So I really forgot about it.

Now it’s 2024. Should I be worried that I’ve had cervical cancer all along or just forget about it? What would you do? Should I chase this?

BlueIris
02-02-24, 04:59
If your doctor didn't mention it, you're all good :)

Jase.
02-02-24, 21:55
There isn't a chance on this Earth that both the radiologist and the doctor would not bring cancer up if they even thought it was a tiny possiblity; they didn't mention anything to you therefore you're absolutely fine. :)

Stressed32
04-02-24, 19:52
Ok- let's keep this real- cancer is BIG BUSINESS! They make trillions of dollars off of care. Do you really think that if they even suspected a tumor they would have let you leave that office w out some kind of follow up to be sure? Not to mention you can sue the crap out of them if they did and you did have cancer. All those lumps and bumps they see very single day! They can tell the difference between a bad bump and a normal one. If they were worried you would have known. Also- it has been 2 years- if you had cancer (uncontrollable growth of cells) that was still growing you would know! So if you had it, it must have spontaneously went into remission. Good job!

katniss
05-02-24, 03:04
Thank you so much. Just my OCD kicking in. Your replies really helped