PDA

View Full Version : anxiety over recurring itch on wrist with no rash

Ida123
07-02-24, 01:26
For context this past year has been the worst my health anxiety has ever been. 6 months of anxiety about MS and 6 months of worries shifting from, dementia, leukemia, schizophrenia, you name it! My anxiety has been a bit better the past few weeks. I'm seeing a therapist and trying to direct my attention more towards things I'm interested in. Unfortunately I've been noticing the same spot of the left hand side of the top of my wrist on my right hand being itchy with no apparent cause. I'm usually very aware of minor random skin sensations they seem to happen all the time, but this has been the same spot over and over again. There's a bit more hair in that spot than on the other wrist and sometimes I think I can make out a slight pink shininess to that area but only sometimes if I'm pointing my phone flashlight right at. The lack of a clear dermatological cause sort of reignites my fears of MS or other neuro issues. What initially made me anxious about MS was a recurring trickling or tingling feeling that would happen on my left temple. It seems like both of these sensations are neurological in origin but I'm not sure if I should be concerned about it. Does anyone else notice stuff like this? Maybe my focus on that one spot is causing the itch.

I've had brain fog and forgetfulness as well but I've always had pretty bad ADHD so it's hard to tell how much is just that. Other symptoms, weird sleep disturbances (sleep paralysis, insomnia) slightly more frequent colds and infections as well as allergies (maybe this is from having covid this time last year) my RBC and WBC are slightly low, my vitamin D is low and I've been getting weird stress lines on my fingernails. I don't have any unusual fatigue, or weakness or unexplained pain so I guess that's encouraging.

tina oreilly1
07-02-24, 06:38
u should go see ur doctor if ur worried