PDA

View Full Version : Fear of bowel cancer

Candy1
07-02-24, 20:28
Here again with my worries. Last week it was lymphoma, this week is bowel cancer. I was hoping to get reassurance. A week ago. I had developed pain in my lower left side, it seemed to move into my left pelvis above my pelvic bone, into my groin also. The pain has gotten alot better, almost gone but I still feel the minor twinge. Around that time I was passing bowel movements that were skinny, but not as skinny as a pencil. I put those two symptoms together and thanks to google, I am fearing bowel cancer. I have no blood, no weight loss, just those 2 symptoms. The week prior, I had a normal l, healthy size bowel movement. Could bowel cancer cause rapid size change in the matter of a week? Would my pelvic pain get worse or stay the same if it were bowel cancer? And where is that pain typically? I'm so anxious, I feel so sad all time that my mind is always worried. Hoping for some reassurance please

jojo2316
07-02-24, 20:40
It definitely does not sound like bowel cancer. It definitely DOES sound like an anxious mind leaping from one unfounded worry to the next!

emmc
07-02-24, 20:48
I have had skinny stools for ages. Had a colonoscopy the other day and the consultant doesn’t think I have bowel cancer. Still have skinny stools. I wouldn’t worry about that, they also aren’t really the main sign of bowel cancer.

Candy1
07-02-24, 22:19
Thanks for your replies. Yes the anxiety is really bad, just jumping from one thing to another. I appreciate your reassuring words

jojo2316
08-02-24, 08:51
That’s how it goes. I have the same!