PDA

View Full Version : 50 shades of stool

Lucidite1
11-02-24, 08:55
Hey, unfortunately it's me again. My flat stool problem disappeared after eating a lot of fibre. But the new one emerged. I spiralled into another madness. I noticed that my stools are light shade of brown, maybe kind of yellowish? The more I look, the more yellow it seems. I'm not even sure for how long they've been like this. Of course in my mind there is only one reason for that - pancreatic cancer. And I started panicking again. I wonder what more rational causes there can be. I have absolutely no other symptoms, these stools are not greasy, are easy to flush, do not float. I don't eat meat. I eat a lot of vegetables, bread, yoghurt. I'm under stress for over a month now. I'm not sure if my transit time is quick. I recall that once I had similar problem - worrying about lighter color of poop. After that I was taking Paxtin, it really calmed me down and slowed down my digestion, so I was constantly constipated = my stools were dark. I stopped taking it because I was so much better and my doctor decided it was a good time to try to be medicine free. Also, I want to have a child and you can't take Paxtin while pregnant.
I'm so scared of rushing to the doctor... Always, after leaving the office I'm ready to dive into another lethal ilness anxiety, I also never believe them that I'm alright. I spent so much money in the past for private tests, MRIs etc...My family thinks I'm crazy. I'm also so tired of jumping from one spiralling anxiety into another. Help, can it be just normal? I'm so scared of pancreatic cancer 😭😭😭

Carnation
11-02-24, 09:42
I've recently started to be curious about my poo.
For most of my life its been brown, regular and as I saw, very normal. Once in the morning, done and dusted.
Now I get this yellowy brown, sometimes go 3 times a day. Sometimes what feels like a touch constipated and it becomes an obsession trying to work out what's changed it.
They say the darker the stool, the longer it's been there. So I suppose a lighter colour means its moving through quicker.
Then there's the stuff we eat and I wondered if it was the bread that was moving through quicker.
You don't eat meat, but I do, so it can't be that.
I also wonder about all the preservatives, that could be it.
I don't take meds, so it's not that.
My lifestyle hasn't changed considerably in any way either. So I just put up with it remaining curious.

jojo2316
11-02-24, 09:49
I get yellow poo all the time. Poo watching is a terrible hobby!

Carnation
11-02-24, 10:15
Lol, it is jojo. I can't believe I do it.

jojo2316
11-02-24, 10:27
I know! I have other similarly awful hobbies so i 100% get it :-) xx

Lucidite1
11-02-24, 14:14
It's just a shitty hobby. Well, I feel that you calmed me down a little. It's been just a pure madness last couple of weeks. And I was doing so well before! 😭

Lucidite1
11-02-24, 14:17
I've recently started to be curious about my poo.
For most of my life its been brown, regular and as I saw, very normal. Once in the morning, done and dusted.
Now I get this yellowy brown, sometimes go 3 times a day. Sometimes what feels like a touch constipated and it becomes an obsession trying to work out what's changed it.
They say the darker the stool, the longer it's been there. So I suppose a lighter colour means its moving through quicker.
Then there's the stuff we eat and I wondered if it was the bread that was moving through quicker.
You don't eat meat, but I do, so it can't be that.
I also wonder about all the preservatives, that could be it.
I don't take meds, so it's not that.
My lifestyle hasn't changed considerably in any way either. So I just put up with it remaining curious.

I also started to go to the toilet more often. It can be due to anxiety and to waiting to see if the color got better or worse. I hate Health Anxiety. Sometimes it's just too much.

Fishmanpa
11-02-24, 14:31
It's just a shitty hobby.

Literally! :winks:

FMP

ErinKC
11-02-24, 14:49
So funny this was the first thing on the forum today. I’ve had a flare of reflux this past week and taken Pepcid (famotidine) a few times. I took it for about a week over the summer also and it totally messed with my stool - turned it bright yellow. Until today I totally forgot that had gotten me worried about liver issues I came across online (my anxiety was bad then, not so bad now… well, until now, ha). This morning I’m having the same issue and I remembered the old worry! Of course in the past nothing came of it and once I stopped the meds it stopped. So I’m doing my best to just relax, not take any more and wait a day or two to see things improve. With most of these issues they are temporary!

Lucidite1
11-02-24, 15:54
So funny this was the first thing on the forum today. I’ve had a flare of reflux this past week and taken Pepcid (famotidine) a few times. I took it for about a week over the summer also and it totally messed with my stool - turned it bright yellow. Until today I totally forgot that had gotten me worried about liver issues I came across online (my anxiety was bad then, not so bad now… well, until now, ha). This morning I’m having the same issue and I remembered the old worry! Of course in the past nothing came of it and once I stopped the meds it stopped. So I’m doing my best to just relax, not take any more and wait a day or two to see things improve. With most of these issues they are temporary!

I don't take any meds so it's nothing like that in my case :( I hope your issue resolves soon as you stopped taking Pepcid!

jojo2316
11-02-24, 15:56
Pooing more often is also an anxiety thing. And the quicker stuff moves through the digestive tract the yellower it is.

Carnation
11-02-24, 16:43
I was wondering that jojo.

Lucidite1
11-02-24, 17:31
Pooing more often is also an anxiety thing. And the quicker stuff moves through the digestive tract the yellower it is.

Yeah, I know it! I'm just not sure if my passage is quick? Like I have one main BM in the morning, later they are very little (usually darker than the morning one) - they are more like (so sorry for TMI) my attempt to have at least something small to have something to check the color on lol.