PDA

View Full Version : Scared about a brain tumour..

Innocentdevil1988
13-02-24, 18:08
35 year old female. For 10 days I’ve had constant headaches, nausea, numbness/weakness on the left side of my body and dizziness. Constantly. GP wasn’t very helpful, so I had a private MRI today so waiting result. I’m so scared. My cousin died suddenly of a brain tumour and that’s in my mind.
Has anyone had these symptoms and it’s been ok?

jojo2316
13-02-24, 20:28
Im so sorry about your cousin. I wonder if that is why you are worried?
i think it is very reassuring that your doctor wasn’t worried. I hope the MRI calms your anxiety xx

Innocentdevil1988
13-02-24, 21:26
I’m not sure it could be, she was only 23. Another (non blood) family member also has one at the moment so I think it’s been on my mind for sure. The doctor did a neurological exam a week today and she said it all seemed normal and just offered painkillers. But I’ve convinced myself it’s a brain tumour with all the symptoms that I have xx

Lucidite1
15-02-24, 17:42
35 year old female. For 10 days I’ve had constant headaches, nausea, numbness/weakness on the left side of my body and dizziness. Constantly. GP wasn’t very helpful, so I had a private MRI today so waiting result. I’m so scared. My cousin died suddenly of a brain tumour and that’s in my mind.
Has anyone had these symptoms and it’s been ok?

Hello! 2 years ago I've had almost every symptom of brain tumor you can imagine! I don't want to write here all of them so you can't look for them in you, but really, I've had many many of them. I went to neurologist, he did some tests and said it's most likely due to anxiety, because according to him everything looked normal neurogically. I did private MRI too, and it came completely clean!
I do think that it might be just anxiety and stress in your case too! Especially after your cousin's death 😞