PDA

View Full Version : Red Spot/patch on nose

imfineokay
02-03-24, 22:12
For the last 4/5 weeks I have had this small flat and slightly red patch/spot on my nasal bone and it doesn’t seem to be going! I have got a phone call appointment booked for just over a week from now so that means I probably won’t be able to get a doctor to look at it for at least another couple of weeks. I kinda just wanna know… what are the chances this thing is cancer? Because from my old days of having health anxiety I seem to remember any spot/patch that’s on the skin more than 2 weeks needs to be checked at the doctor. I’m not freaking out THAT much but in the mean time I wouldn’t mind hearing a few ideas what I could be dealing with here. I’m 25, don’t go outside all that much and haven’t experienced any life-threatening diseases yet (knock on wood) so should I be anxious?

BlueIris
03-03-24, 04:39
Honestly, at your age I wouldn't worry about it. It's good to get it checked, but there's every chance It's nothing. Absolute worst and highly unlikely case, it could be a non-melanoma skin cancer (BCC or SCC), and those are really easily dealt with.

Full disclosure: I was 37 when I had a BCC removed from my forehead. It was a centimetre or so round, ulcerated and hadn't stopped bleeding for around 5 years. Even with how long I left it, removing it took 45 minutes with local anaesthesia and I haven't had any trouble since.