PDA

View Full Version : Afraid I Have Lung Cancer

xrp2023
04-03-24, 18:25
For the past week or so I've been experiencing chest discomfort (can't really consider it chest PAIN), along with slight shortness of breath, as well as the onset of a constant need to clear my throat. These are very startling to me, and I've been worrying that I may have lung cancer.

I don't know the statistics on that, but I'm 23 years old and have never smoked a cigarette in my life (I've smoked a bit of weed before, but not super recently, and even then I can count on one hand how many times I've done that). I'm not the healthiest as far as diet and exercise though. I know it's incredibly unlikely, but I'm still bedridden with fear.

I'm afraid to bother my primary care physician with this, as I don't want to come across as super panicky (despite the fact that I am).

Not sure what to do, but if anyone has any advice or has gone through something similar, any help is appreciated

jojo2316
04-03-24, 18:30
You are 23. You don’t have lung cancer!!

xrp2023
04-03-24, 18:36
Should I still go see my doctor about it, because chest discomfort for this long doesn't seem normal?

jojo2316
04-03-24, 19:05
Are you asthmatic? Also what you describe are symptoms of anxiety if you suffer from that?

xrp2023
04-03-24, 19:09
Are you asthmatic? Also what you describe are symptoms of anxiety if you suffer from that?

I don't have asthma, but I do have anxiety. I didn't suspect that at first because my anxiety symptoms are usually vastly different, and never have manifested in a cough or shortness of breath