PDA

View Full Version : Hi, My name is Nick from NYC

Gunz
02-12-07, 08:38
I am new to the site and I just found the site yesterday while google searching. I want to say that I am so glad that I found this site. This is the best one out there and i want to thank the team that keeps it running and greet everyone warmly in helping the community.

I'm a 30 year old male from New York City. I've been diagnosed with Panic Disorder as of 3 weeks ago and now suffering at least once a day unfortunatly usually at night during sleep, it is such a hard thing to wake up to in terms of fright and it is so hard for me to fall back to bed from them. I'm tired at work sometimes because of this and the medication side effects as well.

I'm currently in therapy (just started 2 weeks ago) and have been prescripted clonazepam and lexapro. I was originally xanax for about 19 days but Doctors have prescribed the later 2 which i've been using for 2 days now.

I do not know my source of panic disorder as of yet but i know that I have devloped a fear of mortality and every time it kicks in I feel like I am having a heart attack or stroke. :weep:

Once again though i want to compliment on this amazing site and this great community, I look forward to chatting with you all and helping eachother out.

PS: I took have quit coffee, soda and all sorts of caffeine since this has started.

Peacheywoo
02-12-07, 09:41
Hi Nick and welcome from a relative newbie. I'm on here looking for ways to help my hubby.

Peachey
xx

dinkydoo
02-12-07, 10:12
Hi Nick

Welcome, I too am so glad to have found this site after stumbling across it accidentally whilst Google searching for ''symptoms of''...... a bad habit of mine, and one which relates to your mortality comment. I am petrified of getting ill, but never knew until a few months ago there was such a thing as health anxiety, just thought I was going a little crazy.
Hope you find the peace that we are all searching for.
Do you exercise? Something I must start doing, keep telling myself too, but neer have got there yet.. it would help keep our adrenalin levels in check...... using energy productively rather than letting it over take us as it does in moments of panic. Good Luck.

Believe
02-12-07, 11:28
Hello Nick,

Welcome to NMP, you will make a lot of friends here and get great advice.

Have a read on the left in self help, if you haven't already read there. Also stop by the chat room there's always people there.

Hope to see you around .

manmoor
02-12-07, 13:24
Hi Nick,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

jodie
02-12-07, 13:32
Welcome to NMP

jodie xx

groovygranny
02-12-07, 16:36
Hello Gunz:welcome:to you!

Glad you found us too - you'll get plenty of help and support here!

Try and hang on in there - meds can take a little while to work through your system before you feel any great benefit, and may even make you feel a bit worse before you feel better. That's where we can all help you out because many of us have been where you are at the moment.

Take care, pleased to meet you!

:)

honeybee3939
02-12-07, 17:12
Hi Nick

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Lindalou64
02-12-07, 17:17
HELLO NICK AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL........LINDA

Pickle
02-12-07, 17:28
Hi Nick, :welcome: to NMP, it's a great site full of great people who are here to help and support you

Take care

Southern_Belle
02-12-07, 17:39
Hi Nick,

Welcome to the site. There are many here who will understand what you have been feeling and can help.

Hugs,

Laura

celia davies
02-12-07, 17:54
Hi nick,welcome!
Im new to, hope you find what your lookin for
celia

angiebaby
02-12-07, 20:04
Hello and welcome to you. I hope you find the site usefull. Good luck.x

Nibbles
02-12-07, 21:11
Hi Nick and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
02-12-07, 22:20
Hi Nick

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Thank you for the kind words about the website as well.

I hope we can be of some help.

trac67
03-12-07, 14:00
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xx