PDA

View Full Version : One sided headaches

Lucidite1
03-04-24, 18:35
Hello!
Does anybody get these one sided headaches? I've had them for like 8 months last year, was told by the neurologist that it was migraine, so I stopped worrying. However I didn't have any MRI or CT, just a neurological exam. The pains stopped in December, but came back a week ago. Today I've had it another time :( is it possible that my migraine has just taken a break for like three months?
Of course my stupid anxiety tries to jump to terrible conclusions.

Scissel
03-04-24, 19:19
Also anxiety can be the cause, but for some reason this sounds like cluster headaches. Were you given medication for the headaches?

Lucidite1
03-04-24, 20:35
Also anxiety can be the cause, but for some reason this sounds like cluster headaches. Were you given medication for the headaches?

I don't know about cluster headaches, the neurologist was pretty confident that it were migraines. She didn't refer me for any MRI/CT as I had MRI in 2021 due to unequal pupils. I was given Sumamigren, but was told that I can try with larger doses of ibuprofen/paracetamol when the pain is starting. It seems to work when taken as soon as it begins.

But well, I can't shake off the thought that it cannot be migraine this time, because it hasn't happen for like 3 months lately and now just came back suddenly🤦*♀️ it doesn't matter that I used to have these headaches once a week for 2-3 days for 8 months before and wasn't afraid of them then. I hate my stupid brain.

Scissel
03-04-24, 22:47
I hope you fell better soon.

Sparkling_Fairy
04-04-24, 13:13
I've had migraines my whole life. Always one sided, that's very typical about migraines. So I would concur that you have migraines

Lucidite1
08-04-24, 15:16
I've had migraines my whole life. Always one sided, that's very typical about migraines. So I would concur that you have migraines

Do you sometimes get longer breaks between the attacks? I was alright when I used to get migraines regularly once a week for a long time. I believed that this must have been migraines as it occurred so frequently. Also, the neurologist reassured me. This 3 months break freaks me out, as it seems to me that it can be something different because I was migraine free for couple of months. today I have another headache. The pattern seems to be one headache per week again.

Sparkling_Fairy
08-04-24, 15:39
I get migraines usually 2/3 times per week. Sometimes I get them 10 days straight. Sometimes I get 2 weeks in between which is rare.
There really is no pattern to migraines. Anything and everything can trigger them, and stress for sure is a huge contributing factor.

Lucidite1
09-04-24, 12:32
I get migraines usually 2/3 times per week. Sometimes I get them 10 days straight. Sometimes I get 2 weeks in between which is rare.
There really is no pattern to migraines. Anything and everything can trigger them, and stress for sure is a huge contributing factor.

Thank you for reassurance ❤