PDA

View Full Version : want to make my life better!

bluesparkle
19-02-05, 14:32
hi
i joined this site last october time but have not really been on here much...alot has happened in those few months and i keep coming and looking but never make the step to put up a message.
i have ocd but not on any meds at the mo and i dont see a counselor anymore although i think if i thought my doctor would listen it may be a good idea.
i am recently single again but that is not due to the ocd!
i also have panic attacks although they do seem a little less at the moment ... i have managed to go to the dentist a few times over last few months and not been to bad as that was a real fear of mine...but i still dont like going to places i dont know... or out for meals ... or being in crowds ie kids school plays or open evenings which isnt very helpful when i have four kids.
the ocd is sometimes worse than others... i have to do certain things in a certain order and make sure things are in the right place it takes up an awful lot of time and i would just love to be free of it i try not to do it but the anxiety that it brings just isnt worth it i just have to do it...i cant explain what i think will happen if i dont but its just mainly bad things to people i care about etc... i also get so anxious about things when really there is no need....i know that but when the feelings are running high there is no telling myself that.
i hope i havnt gone on to much
i would really like to make friends to chat with or e.mail as it feels so lonely sometimes... i do have a couple of good mates but they do not know how i feel
thank you for listening and i will really make the effort to keep in touch and use chat room this time
rach

littlen
19-02-05, 18:42
yes i know how you feel, theres nothing worse than feeling worried about something but you dont have a reason why you feel like it, you did well to go to the dentist i cancelled mine as i get worried about being in some where that i cant get out, not clostraphobia i mean the situations, but i have decided enough is enough and im going to start doing things, i dont take meds either, so i know its harder to do but i feel if i can do it with out then i feel, for me, its much better, my sister had agraphobia for years couldnt get out the front door at one time, and now she's out all the time goes on holiday, so if she can do it so can i, but it is nice if you can ask for help from someone who is going through what your going through and not out of a book, so if you want to chat at all i dont mind as i could do with a friend some times too. karen:D

Karen
19-02-05, 19:35
Hi Rach

Well done for getting to the dentist. This is a fear of mine and something I avoid at all costs.

It is a shame your doctor is not very understanding. Could you see a different doctor in the practice, or consider changing doctors? It may be a good idea to ask about counselling if you feel this would help.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">the ocd is sometimes worse than others... i have to do certain things in a certain order and make sure things are in the right place it takes up an awful lot of time and i would just love to be free of it i try not to do it but the anxiety that it brings just isnt worth it i just have to do it...i cant explain what i think will happen if i dont but its just mainly bad things to people i care about etc... i also get so anxious about things when really there is no need....i know that but when the feelings are running high there is no telling myself that.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I also have this to an extent. I've not had a formal diagnosis of OCD but I do have obsessive thoughts. Mine are about someone and my compulsion involves checking on her appearances online as I have thoughts that she will be hurt in an accident or by someone, or that she will develop a terrible illness. I feel that if I don't keep checking it will mean that one of these terrible things will happen to her. Like you say, I also know these thoughts are irrational and due to obsession, but it doesn't help me stop carrying out the compulsion. I am currently trying to delay carrying out the checking for 10 minutes, but the feelings are so strong that it is really difficult.

I know that not many people understand this problem. You are welcome to email me if you wish.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
19-02-05, 20:15
Rach

Welcome back - good to see you again.

If you get lonely you can always come here and go to the chat room too if you want cheering up.

Hope you will be ok.

Nicola

seh1980
20-02-05, 17:29
hello Rach,

Welcome back!! Come join us in the chatroom in the evenings - it's good fun!!

Sarah :D