PDA

View Full Version : Christmas sadness.

Granny Primark
02-12-07, 18:51
Well me decorations are up, both outside inside.
Me house is looking brill!
Weve even bought a 5ft karaoke santa that my hubby is having a great time with.
My home now is a like a childrens grotto.
But Im feeling really down. Cus theres a little 2 year old girl that lives 1/2 a mile away from us that wont be able to see her nanny and grandads home. A little girl that doesnt even realise that she has grandparents that would love to give her loads of love and presents for Christmas.
A stupid family argument that should have been resolved 2 years ago is robbing that little girl of sooooo much and is breaking her nanny and grandads heart.
My son reads all my posts on here he also goes on other websites that me and me daughter use. No doubt when he reads this il get a nasty phone call off him. But what the hell! This website has helped me so much so why shouldnt I put on here what im feeling?
Hugs for all other parents and grandparents that are being denied their little ones at Christmas.

Take care
LYNN xx

Southern_Belle
02-12-07, 19:00
Dear Granny,

I do hope that your Christmas is wonderful this year and at some time the family rift can be mended. I hope your spirits lift soon and that you can spend time at Christmas with your daughter and her family even though I know one doesn't replace the other. Best wishes.

Love,

Laura

jodie
02-12-07, 19:19
awww lynn

i do hope things work out for you and the family it is so hard anytime of the year but christmas is one were familys should be together so i hope it all gets worked out and you and your family can just put it all in the past and move on

your decorations sound fab :yesyes:

jodie xxxxxx

kazzie
02-12-07, 19:46
Oh Lynn:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I sooooo feel for you,I was in the same boat as you know until a few weeks ago:hugs:

I wll see my grandaughter and grandson for the first xmas in 3 years this year

I wish I knew how to help because in my case it was all crossed wires that led to it

The only thing I can suggest is a frank discussion with him and his partner

Never ever give up hope Lynn thats what You used to tell me:hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

miseire
02-12-07, 20:48
hi lynn ur xmas will still be wonder full dont worry about the others they have to live with it let them get on u and hubby and rest of family can hold ur heads up high merry christmas to u and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
02-12-07, 22:21
Sending you lots of hugs Lynn.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I hope that the rift will be mended as you are a wonderful person with so much love to give.

Take care,

Mike x

Lindalou64
03-12-07, 00:53
hey lynn yes christmas can be a sad time for alot of us for many different reasons hun,but you just make the best of it and enjoy that grandbaby of yours and i do pray one day your son and you will work things out, life is to short to live with regrets.....love ya,....linda xxx

manmoor
03-12-07, 08:31
Granny :hugs: you have a big hug from me :hugs: the only advise I'd give you is to never give up hope hun :) And that 5ft santa sounds the bizz wonder would H let me have a go lol. You have a fab xmas as you deserve it :hugs: xxx

Pink Princess
03-12-07, 10:38
http://www.funmunch.com/graphics/hugs/graphics/hugs_3.gif

hey you xxx

you know my thoughts on all of this, you are doing really well and i know its hard but you cant give up. just hold on to what you have got and it will get you through this ok.

always here if you need me xxxxxxxxxx

minnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

darkangel
03-12-07, 15:37
Oh Lynn

Christmas can be a difficult time for many of us, all I can say is never give up hope hunni, and your house sounds so lovely, wish I was there.

I know its hard but I get through Xmas feeling blessed with who is around me on that day and have a quiet time to reflect on who is not with me. Big hugs for you and hubby.

Luv Darkangel x

Paddington
03-12-07, 22:41
Oh lyn..boy do i know where you are coming from..my grandson was whipped away from us 4 and a half years ago..my daughter in law said she was taking him to see her folks in america and never came back..so the picture i have of him is in pride of place and i send him things[not sure if he gets them!]He willnever know me or his Dad..hun..try and get this resolved if you can..i am here if you want to talk and mybe we can come up with a plan..if your Son reads this ..i want to tell him what a kind and brave woman you are..that you love him and your grand-daughter and NOTHIN is unfixable:flowers: get in touch with your mom:hugs: love to you all for a wonderful christmas.Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

groovygranny
03-12-07, 23:00
Humungous hugs from one granny to another Lynn.

My thoughts and prayers for you this Christmas will be that you will never give up hope - and that the new year will bring with it a new opportunity for old wounds to be healed and old hurts to be forgiven......so that this situation can be resolved and new memories made,........ for all of you.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u16/jordy-squid/Hug.jpg

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:flowers:

Granny Primark
03-12-07, 23:11
paddinton i cant tell you how much your post means to me.
I know in my heart that ive been a good mum, I love both my kids equally.
Me, me hubby and daughter have tried so hard to resolve this. Ive even forgotten what the argument was about now.
Im getting too old to argue i just want me family back.
Ive been soooo stressed and wanted support off the people on here but was afraid to post cus i know he reads my posts on here.
I truly havent posted on here cus of him. Ive done it cus im so down that i wake up but dont want to open my eyes and face the day.
Ive got me new grandaughter katie thats the love of me life, but i cant feel truly happy cus Im desperate to have the one I lost.
I now feel guilty cus there are so many other people in far worse situations than me.
What am i like? lol
If im not worried about something im worried. lol

Take care
LYNN xx

sandlin
03-12-07, 23:52
im sure the greatest loser is the child and lifes too short so if ur son is reading this then he should think what you really mean to him and get on with it.

Linda xxx

miss motown
04-12-07, 00:31
oh granny i do feel for you hun i have a grandaughtor who i love so much but everytime i have a fall out with my son he always uses her as a weapon against me well if you say your son reads all your posts well i would just like to say to him wotever you have against your mum and dad you shouldent bring the children in to it you only have one shot in life so dont waist it by falling out life is to short for all the bickering and fighting so please granny,s son kiss and make up you only get one mum and i wish to god i still had mine so come on son dont be to hard on mum, hugs for you granny primemark and all the very best take care love miss motown

Paddington
05-12-07, 13:56
Oh hun:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: i hope your lad does read these threads hun..i really do..your pain is no less imprtant than mine or anyone elses Lyn..the thing here is that it could be resolved in your case my love ,,and your Son needs to understand that his Daughter is innocent in all this..like our Ben..he will never know his dad or me or any of his family here..if he turns up when he is grown ..lookin for us..well that would be lovely but the boy that went was only 5 months old.I remember the gaping whole they BOTH left as i loved the bones of both of them..it does lessen in time hun..but i dont want it to come to that for you..what about a letter to your Son asking for a meet up,some where on neutral ground..maybe worth a try hey:flowers: To Lyn's lad i only say this..when i was a child my family was ripped asunder..i did not see my dad or gran for years and at 52 it still hurts like mad..dont think for one moment there wont be repercussions for you,your Daughter ,your wife and your mom if this stale mate continues..itis not worth it..come on it's nearly Christmas..make evey ones day extra special..youn can contact me to act as a go between if you like:flowers: love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SAMKIRMAN
05-12-07, 15:00
hi keep your chin up mate you are a star and remember that your son will realise what a great mum he has one day
remember i always here text or ring me
big hugs

domino
05-12-07, 17:12
Hi lyn ,firstly let send you loads of these:hugs:and i hope your son will be reading these posts from all of us. I would just like to say to him , look at your little girl and think how you would feel if you were unable to see her. It,s christmas for crying out loud, ,your mum is heart broken and so is your dad. please resolve this , let 2008 start with a clean sheet. she,s your mum ,you only ever get one.