PDA

View Full Version : cough for weeks

lees6655
04-05-24, 13:47
so I've had a bad cough about for 3 weeks now coughing up green phlegm and generally not feeing great . I spoke to my doctor and was give 5 days of antibiotics that ended today . I have also sinus pain and other cold like symptoms also feels like bubling in my stomach or chest I'm not sure just getting worried now as it has been going on for just over 3 weeks anyone else had anything going on for this long .

Carnation
04-05-24, 14:15
Yep. With me it's my sinuses with now, hay-fever.
It clears, then comes back again.

Attina
04-05-24, 16:07
I would make an appointment with your GP.

lees6655
04-05-24, 16:42
Thanks for ypur replys I will make appointment with my doctor next week

kwselfhelp
08-05-24, 22:56
Yeah I’ve had a cough before that seemed to go on forever, think it was a stubborn viral infection :)

People say to seek medical attention if you have a cough longer than 3 weeks & this can make it sound and seem scary and unusual - don’t panic :)

It’s more common than people think but definitely worth a check in with the docs ,

Most likely case is perhaps you need a course of a different antibiotic to kick the remainder if it’s bacterial

Just think of all those long covid cases, some of them had a cough for months and months

Don’t worry yourself, get booked in for peace of mind :))

lees6655
09-05-24, 19:43
Hi thanks for your reply kwselfhelp I have been back to the doctors and they listened to my chest said it sounds clear and checked my oxygen levels all OK . He sent me on my way and said he didn't want to give me any more antibiotics it should clear up on its own. Still not feeling the best but will just see how I go

Carnation
10-05-24, 10:48
Lots of people have a coughing thing going on including me. Allergies, Spring cold, virus. It doesn't always mean it's something serious.

lees6655
10-05-24, 18:40
Thank you for your reply Carnation