Mark22
12-05-24, 17:48
Wheezing when breathing in.

Male
5 feet 8 inches
360 pounds
White
I don't do drugs, drink or smoke

So for context I have health anxiety and tend to scare myself a lot. I was on the phone and when I breathed in randomly through my mouth, I heard a wheezing in my throat and chest. I freaked out and started panicking and after I hung up o kept breathing in through my mouth to see if the wheezing showed up again. It didn't for about 3 minutes then did it again. After I cleared my throat I wasn't wheezing anymore.
I don't have blue lips or skin.
I feel like I can breathe normally. I don't feel out of breath. I only feel faint sometimes because I keep taking in deep breaths to test myself and see if I can hear the wheezing which obviously is causing me to feel faint. I was coughing yesterday but that was purely a joke because I was joking with a friend about calling off from work by leaving a message where they were coughing. Well my joke irritated my throat and I legit was coughing last night so I'm not sure if that irritated my throat.

I'm just curious if this sounds normal? As of now I don't hear the wheezing anymore. Surely if I was sick or had pneumonia the wheezing would be constant and I'd be feeling sick.

Scass
12-05-24, 20:34
Sometimes we have mucus and it makes us wheeze. I’m sure you’re fine, and like you say, you’re not sick.

I have asthma & it’s the wheeze on breathing out that is the focus.