PDA

View Full Version : Hi

uryjm
08-11-03, 11:00
Hi everyone. I'm Jim, 39, and have coped with panic attacks for about half my life now, although it gobsmacks me to recognise that fact! I do think you can manage anxiety, although I'm not sure if you can "cure" it. Perhaps it's just a part of your nature you have to learn to live with. I sometimes think everyone has a cross to bear - depression, temper, low self-esteem, supporting Rangers - and some people have life threatening or terminal illnesses to cope with. I have to admit it saddens me to read the personal struggles of people on this board, and I wish I could help and convince them this is a battle they can succeed in. Panic. It's just not that big a deal - unless you allow it to be. You can look to external factors to "cure" it, but the answer to our turmoil lies somewhere deep within ourselves and it's up to us to find our own solutions in our own way. Take responsibility. That's Step One in my book. I look forward to contributing to this forum, and wish everyone luck on their long and winding road toward resolution.

Jim

kate
08-11-03, 13:21
Hi Jim,
I have also suffered anxiety/depression for about half my life and I tend to agree with you that it is never "cured". I do believe that some days it is easier to cope with panic and on other days it takes over completely, depending on what you are doing on any particular day.I have found the best therapy is speaking to people who really understand and who have been through it, or similar, themselves.It is so good to know that you do not have to suffer alone and bottle all your feelings up. The forum is an excellent place to air your own views and to read other peoples experiences, so keep posting!
Kate x