PDA

View Full Version : Disability living allowance

decca
03-12-07, 11:32
Has anyone ever claimed disability living allowance care component because of stress or anxiety?. It seems to be that this is one of the less claimed benefits available and wondered why.
Best wishes
Decca.

darkangel
03-12-07, 14:31
Yes I get this, at the lower rate.

The only reason I found out that I qualified was when I went to the citizens advice bureau for an assessment to see about my housing benefit. They done a review of all my benefits and DLA can be claimed even if you are working.

Alabasterlyn
03-12-07, 15:47
Has anyone ever claimed disability living allowance care component because of stress or anxiety?. It seems to be that this is one of the less claimed benefits available and wondered why.
Best wishes
Decca.

I claimed for it and was turned down, they didn't give a reason and I really couldn't be bothered to go through the stress of appealing the decision. I get the lower rate of the mobility part of DLA and I think it can be hard to get the care element from what other people have told me.

peoplelikeus
03-12-07, 16:17
I claimed and was refused anything at al

honeybee3939
03-12-07, 21:56
Hi

I used to get the lower allowance for travel, as i was unable to travel to work on a bus or use public transport and had stopped driving my car due to Agorophobia what i was earning was just paying my taxi fare.:ohmy:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

kazzie
03-12-07, 22:16
Hi:D

I dont get DLA for panic but applied because of physical disability

After a year and an appeal I was awarded high rate mobility low rate care

Its worth fighting for:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

xBettyBoopx
03-12-07, 22:55
Hi

I don't think that it is a less claimed benefit but is very hard to get for some people. I claimed but was turned down, as well as being agoraphobic I also have CFS and emphysema, I appealed but still didn't get anything. I've said it before and I'll say it again.....lol........I think it depends on where you live because of the stupid government budgets:mad: :mad:
Elspeth