PDA

View Full Version : Veg EPA

pips
04-12-07, 11:32
I was reading in my No Panic newsletter about a lady who had been taking Veg EPA and had found that it really helped her.

At the moment I take Boots Super Strength Concentrated Fish Oils 1000mg. I didn't realise how Veg EPA differed until i read this article.:ohmy:

Does anyone else take the Veg EPA?

http://www.mind1st.co.uk/default.asp

So I have ordered some lets hope it helps hey! :winks:

Take Care All,:flowers:

Love & Wishes,

Pip's X X X X

PUGLETMUM
04-12-07, 17:28
:) this is very interesting but ive never heard of it? im taking magnesium/calcium(oestocare?) a multi vit and im going to add evening primrose. hopefully this will help with my pms, which seems to be a major trigger for my anxiety. i will also look into this, thanks, emma

bottleblond
04-12-07, 19:27
Hi Pips,

I have to admit i have never heard of it either. I really should take some kind of supliment as i'm a strict vegi but i don't. Good luck with this and please let us know how it goes! i'm really interested in this one!!!!

cheere Lisa
xxxxx

Piglet
04-12-07, 22:14
Let me know how you get on hun - I swear by Udo's choice oil which is a balance between all the omegas 3,6,9 but it's very expensive, have you ever tried that one???

Love Piglet :flowers:

PUGLETMUM
05-12-07, 10:36
:) hiya, the supplement i take is called osteocare(well ive took it for 3 days!) i have seen 'udos' in the fridge of the woman i clean for. the osteocare is around £9, and you get 90 tabs, so if you only take 1 a day like i am then thats not bad for 3 months? piglet, how much is the udos stuff? i am wary about buying over the net though so can you get it in supermarkets or health shops? also how do you know its working? do you feel better? as soon as i started to take centrum i felt better, but im not sure if its not just psychological? i also read in my pms book that evening primrose oil is only a placebo if it isnt mixed with other supplements:ohmy: can you beleive that so if you dont take multi-vits with it its useless!:shrug:

pips
07-12-07, 15:52
Thanks all,:yesyes:

I have started my first ones today. They say it takes about 3 months to start feeling effect. I will keep you all informed on the progess.

I felt quite panicky after taking the first two though. I know its physiological because i'm taking a new remedy. :huh: Does anyone else get like that?
No I haven't heard of that one Piglet hun.

Take Care All,:hugs:

Thanks Again.

Love Pip's X X X X

Piglet
07-12-07, 16:17
Pips hun I get nervous trying a new brand of squash lol, let alone tablety things.

Let us know in few months what you thought!

Love Piglet :flowers:

pips
07-12-07, 20:58
Tee Hee Piglet. :blush: Thanks Hun. I looked up your Udo's they look good to!

Take Care,

Love Pip's:hugs: X X XX XX

strawberry
01-01-08, 21:27
Hi I'm new here, I have started these recently as well, but am also on 20mg prozac, have started the EPA now with a view to coming off the prozac in a few months, I would be interested to here how you are getting on with the vegepa.

loopy loo
01-01-08, 22:15
Hi ,
I just wondered.....how long does one bottle last for? I have ordered one bottle but then read you are meant to take 4 capsules a day!! Wow!
Has anyone noticed any improvement on general anxiety or heart palps? I am going to try take it for these problems. I noticed it contained vit E which is good for PMT too!
Thanks, Loopy loo x

goldfish
17-01-08, 19:47
Hi I have tried the vegepa and the morepa fish oils and would reccomend anyone with anxiety/depression giving them a go.Whilst for me they weren't as effective as the finding the right anti depressant,I was willing to pay out for them for about 2 years and even now I take 5 ordinary fish oil caps a day.

bet
17-01-08, 22:14
hi goldfish,Did the veg epa leave you with that fishy taste etc.?I have seen them in the chemist I am thinking of trying them.I have tried fish oil supplements before and alot of them didnt agree with my stomach,I had bloating etc and a fishy taste in my mouth

goldfish
17-01-08, 22:30
Well they were a bit fishy to be honest.The other fish oils I tried called morepa would be better for you as they are flavoured and taste better.

bet
18-01-08, 12:40
Thanks goldfish
Bet:)

mf
24-01-08, 20:44
Hello

I bought a book a few months ago called The natural way to beat depression.
It explains how EPA a nutrient in oily fish is effective in treating depression without the side effects of conventional medicine.
According to the book EPA can have a whole range of benefits for health besides treating depression ie hormones,cardiovascular probs,hair & skin,vision, bones,joints etc etc. They recommend taking the supplement vegEPA and to take up to 4 a day and that it may take up to 3 months for the full beneficial effects to take place.
I started taking 4 a day two weeks ago now and cannot say that I have felt or noticed any benefits yet, but its early days and whilst I do not expect miracles I am really hoping that they prove effective and I will persevere.
It works out quite expensive when you are taking 4 a day as they came in a container of 60 which last approx 2 weeks but its a small price to pay if it relieves the nightmare of experiencing anxiety and depression.

micky

yorkshireguy
03-03-08, 00:25
I was wondering whether anyone can give an update on this and let us know whether this supplement has helped them in anyway?

I personally have been taking Omega 3 for over 2 weeks and i have not noticed any difference, however maybe i haven't given them long enough.

I am not taking Veg EPA, I am just taking an Omega 3 suppliment that contains 1000mg of fish oil and around 180mg of EPA.

PUGLETMUM
03-03-08, 07:59
:D hi guys, all this supplement stuff is really important to me at the mo, because in desperation with high anxiety usually being triggered by pms for 2 weeks a month i had to start taking control. id heard on here that ppl with anx may have low magnesium levels? so anyway first i started with multi-vits then added osteocare which is high levels of calcium and magnesium (much higher levels than you would be able to get from food in a day), so i was taking them for 3 months and eventually i did notice that my anx was not as noticeably high before my period? now in the last couple of weeks ive added starflower oil caps (which have got a higher level of GLA than evening priomrose oil) and now omega 3 high strength caps. so im going to see if in a few months they have any effect on the breast tenderness i suffer which usually starts the anxiety - although i would like to point out that if im not highly anxious then the symptoms of pms dont have that effect on me - that is to say that anxiety makes eveything seem worse amd actually makes things worse. im also juicing like crazy, because i am convinced that we dont eat properly for health, but of course without mega-money thats not that easy, plus when your feeling like crap to start with its not easy to prepare loads of healthy food - but for me becuae i wont take meds and i personally (for me)dont believe in them, i need to try something - will update later on whether the oils have helped, but i can definately say the osteocare has helped - i dont get as much tingling when im anxious now, which was one of my major symptoms. take care all, emma