PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Kelly, 19 from Leeds - Uk

kellyisrad
04-12-07, 14:03
Hello everyone!
My name is Kelly I am 19 years old and I have developed panic disorder over the last few weeks.
I can't really understand how it has come on, why it has come on and how long it's going to be before I get better.
I'll tell you a little about my background and maybe you can help me pick out what's going wrong.
I'm in university, 2nd year, which I try to work really hard at. I work for direct line home insurance which I sit at the phone for 19 hours a week. I have a loving boyfriend of 1 1/2 years. I live away from home and live with 3 other housemates and I have a lot of responsibility for myself.
My Nan died of cancer last year, my auntie died of cancer last month, my dad has addisons disease and is not very well at the moment and I am worried for him, my nan and grandad are getting really old and are moving into a home in the next few months and I havn't seen them in over a year.
As you can see I have a little bit to worry about!
The panic attacks started when I was in work and now they have become completly disabling, I can't work anymore, I can't go into university, I can barely even sit with my friends having a good time without the floor spinning.
I get really bad headpain, a fuzzyness that makes me feel everything isn't real. I get dizzyness and pain all down my left arm as if I've sprained my muscle or something. My vision is all messed up and it comes on most strong when I am in bed and I keep waking up thinking I can't breathe.
Annnwayy hope someone can help me because it's getting me really down.
Kellyx

SammiB
04-12-07, 14:12
Hi kelly.

my name is sammi and i'm 19 aswell.

firstly welcome to the site, you'll find a great deal of help here and loads of support.

i'm sorry to hear of your losses and your situation, lifes just not fair.
one thing that i have learnt about getting better is, accepting.
i've only had panic disorder for 6 months but i have made great improvement. at first it was disabling and i couldn't do most things but stay in bed so i wouldn't be dizzy. i read more about anx and it started getting easier knowing what was happening when i have a panic and that its not going to hurt me in anyway and that it goes away quickly.
what also helps is taking baby steps in doing your normal activities, the more you do it the less you panic. it will be hard but a good recognition in panic means a greater recovery rate.

its not going to be easy but everyone here is going through the same and i hope that you can feel better. i really know what its like the first few weeks because i remember them clearly. so i really sympathise and i know what a strain it becomes on you when no - one around you can even try to understand. but the more that they know then the more supportive they should be.

sorry for the long essay lol

hope that you find all you need here good luck xxxxxxxxxxxx

yorkylover
04-12-07, 17:04
Hi Kelly and welcome.Im so sorry to hear of your loss and that you are going through a bad time at the moment.You will get lots of support here and friendly advise.:hugs: :hugs:

honeybee3939
04-12-07, 17:50
Hi Kelly

A BIG warm welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Im another Yorkshire lass, just down the road from you in Wakefield.:)

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Nibbles
04-12-07, 19:41
Hi Kelly and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You've certainly had a lot to deal with and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what started the panic attacks. The links on the left contain some really useful information. Try to do things that make you anxious at your own pace.

Take care,

Mike :)

celia davies
04-12-07, 22:07
Hello kelly,ive been suffering a panic disorder for three years im now 21 ive not been able to work,drive an i can just go out but cant go to far just incase i have to come home so i know what your going trough! If you wanna talk some more privite message me id be happy to help with anything i can
celia xx

groovygranny
04-12-07, 22:09
Hello Kelly :welcome: to you!

You've had such a lot to cope with haven't you? :hugs:

Well, you'll find plenty of help and support here - looks like you've found some already!

Glad you decided to join us and very pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
04-12-07, 22:19
Hi Kelly

:welcome: and lovely to see you here

Have a read of the website pages for loads of support and advice.

kellyisrad
05-12-07, 01:09
Hey everyone, thanks for responding!
You are all so nice for replying, I really appreciate it, all the advice and knowing I'm not alone is going to help.
Hopefully the headaches and arm pain will go away soon :)
x

Southern_Belle
05-12-07, 02:06
Hi Kelly,

Welcome to the site. There are many here who will understand what you have been feeling and can help.

Hugs,

Laura

trac67
05-12-07, 03:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

manmoor
05-12-07, 09:16
Hi Kelly,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
06-12-07, 13:02
HELLO KELLY AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.........LINDA

PhantasyStar
06-12-07, 13:14
Hey ya Kelly, welcome to NMP :) Hope you find the information here as useful as i have :)

Take Care.

Lilith1980
06-12-07, 13:41
Hi Kelly, welcome to the forum. You will get some great advice in here, so you never have to feel alone as we're all here for one another :-) xxx