PDA

View Full Version : please help

nikk_dolittle
04-12-07, 16:09
:hugs: Hey all,

Ive just found out that my sisters work are having a Christmas meal in the eveing on the 21st Decemeber....Its at a hotel that takes nearly 2 and half hours from me. As mum will be busy and unable to go someone has to go with my sisters and mums said I WILL go with out asking if I will.
I will mean staying over night on the thrusday, all day friday and travelling back the saturday. I dont think I can stay as I get soo scared at night, I dont sleep and I'll have to share a room with Sam which is ok but what If I cant, What if I need to self-harm, etc... Its all the what ifs with me now....

Its also the fact, that I dont think I can have the meal too. Apartly with hardly eating again. Its a 5 course SET meal...And I will only eat when I feel I can and its having a set time to eat and what you have. what will happen if I have a panic attack in front of everyone, I wont be able to go home. :weep:
I know I can spend the time Im not doing anything in the gym non-stop, swimming pool etc etc and just having fun but Im having soo many doubts as I cant think about if I want to go..No I have to go.

Also from my sisters work place it will mean, there will be 15 of us in totally and the thought of that is scary as I dont like being near loads of people, especailly when eating.

Im scared as I dont know how I will cope, the next thing is we are out of christmas day at another hotel as my nan is paying for us to go out and thats £65 a head!!!

How can I cope with this?? My anxiety is going through the roof thinkiing about it now. I know I can text people while there but its not going to help everyhting else.:lac:

Sorry
Nikk xxxx:flowers:

jo61
04-12-07, 16:15
Do you really have to go if you don't want to? It sounds like a nightmare but think about how much fun you might have if you go. Suit yourself. I've spent years suiting other people and don't do it any more.
:hugs:

bottleblond
04-12-07, 19:46
Nikk,

Please don't put yourself through this. Tell your sister straight that you cannot go. It sounds like a nightmare and i certainly wouldnt fancy it either. But make sure you tell your sister just now so that she has plenty time to find someone else to take your place.

Love Lisa
xxx

nikk_dolittle
16-12-07, 11:17
:wacko: Thanks for the replies, Sorry its taken ages to come back.

Its friday coming and Ive been telling them I cant do it but as its coming up soo close now I may as well go and try it. My sisters boss said I can come home or leave if I need too, But he did say I dont need to go but I need too do something and get used to doing this again. So I will see what Im like thursday before I say Im doing or not, Its ok if I dont go as they will understand now.

Just have to wait and see I guess now

thanks
Nikk xxx:hugs:

Lindalou64
17-12-07, 17:08
ALLS YA CAN DO NIKK IS TRY ITS THE ANTICAPATION HUN ALWAYS GIVE YASELF PERMISSION TO LEAVE IT WORKS BELIEVE ME GOT ME THRU SO MUCHHHHHHHHHH.AND 95% OF TIME I HAVE FUN AND THE ANXIETY GOES MIGHT DO YA WONDERS HUN.BUT IF YOU FEEL TOO ILL DONTGO AND GET DOWN ON YASELF FOR NOT GOING I WISH YOU WELL.....LINDA XXXXXX