PDA

View Full Version : i actually went to work!

henri
20-02-05, 14:51
hi everyone,

just wanted to share a bit of good news with you all - i've been off work for a couple of months now because of my panic attacks. i had a few really bad ones while sitting at my desk and since taking my sick leave i've developed mild agoraphobia.

but on friday - after months of hibernating - i made it in to the office for an hour! i was so nervous about it - would i freak out the moment i got there? bet they're all secretly talking about me etc etc. also, wednesday and thursday were really bad days for me, couldn't even walk to the end of my road and back.

i got my boyfriend to drive me to work and back (couldn't quite face getting on the tube), gritted my teeth and sat there for about an hour. as it turned out, everyone was really nice to me and noone made too much of a fuss, i just sat there quietly reading a few emails and stuff. it was a struggle at times and i had a couple of hairy moments but whenever i felt the panic coming on i just did my breathing exercises and downed some bachs remedy stuff!

anyway, i still don't know if it's going to work out with me and my job in the long term, but at least it's made me realise that not everything is a total disaster and that i can sit there for a bit without having a panic attack.

sorry for going on a bit, it's just i still can't believe i did it!

take care everyone,

henri x

jude
20-02-05, 14:58
Well done Henri,

Its so good to hear stories of success on the forum. Keep reminding yourself that it was a lot easier than you thought and you will be back at work for good in no time.

Jude x

~S~
20-02-05, 15:00
That is brilliant news Henri!! Well done!

[8D]

Luv Sarah xxx

nomorepanic
20-02-05, 16:02
Henri

Fantastic news - you did so well:D

Take it a step at a time and maybe go back part time for a while and build up your confidence to going back full time.

Bet you are chuffed with yourself now[:P]

Nicola

seh1980
20-02-05, 16:12
Well done Henri!! :) You should be very proud of yourself. It's amazing what we are capable of, isn't it? :D

Karen
20-02-05, 16:44
What great progress Henri. Take it slowly and don't rush back too soon.

Well done!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

FAN
20-02-05, 17:01
thats great news, hopefully you can build on it keep us posted

fan x

bluebottle
20-02-05, 22:14
Brilliant henri,

You have shown real courage, I'm so pleased for you.

Regards,

Blue
--
Japanese Proverb:
Fall seven times; stand up eight.

lainey
21-02-05, 09:01
Hi Henri

Well done you!

Elaine x

Tracy68
21-02-05, 11:51
Good on you Henri, well done.
Keep up the good work :D
Tracy
xx

jo-jo
21-02-05, 11:56
Great News!

Well done Henri, thats great progress - be proud of yourself.

Best wishes

Jo xx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

maxine
21-02-05, 13:57
Brilliant news Henri,

You should be very pleased with yourself, you done really well.
Keep up the good work.:D

Take care
Maxine

mico
21-02-05, 18:18
Hi Henri

Great news.

Hope you're still being positive this week too ;)

mico

Meg
22-02-05, 22:55
Henri-

That was a great huge step of progress !!

Keep doing something each day to help yourself.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

fretty freda
22-10-07, 21:38
a massif well done to you

i am in your shoes now i am contenplating returning to work soon p time but DREAD GOING THREW THE DOOR WHAT IF I HAVE FORGOT MY JOB OR I AM REALLY SLOW AT IT ?

Southern_Belle
23-10-07, 20:45
Great news Henri. I would continue to take it a little bit at a time as long as you feel comfortable. You should feel very proud.

Hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
24-10-07, 01:03
Thats Exellent Henri Keep Up The Good Work.....linda