PDA

View Full Version : Hello

mike2305
05-12-07, 08:51
Hi my name is mike, sorry to talk about myself, but i feel so bad, iv had this before, my third time always this time of the year. The tension is unberable in my stomach and down my arms, when it gets really bad a panic comes over me, it feels like i am dying, you and your members will know what i mean.

The urge is to hit the bottle which will solve it for a few hours, but i know it will come raging back the next day even worse. I feel as if i trapped. Last night i went on the internet in desperation to see if i could buy librium tablets without perscription.

I do have some imipramine tablets which i have upped to 3x25mg per day.

Today i am looking to see if i can find maybe what foods and drink that may help feed my nerves.

Thank you for reading.

Pink Panic
05-12-07, 09:12
Hello Mike,

Please don't go down the route of buying medication from the Internet. If you really feel you need something more then prob best to see your Doc.

What I would advise is to try some relaxation tapes along with other things like no caffeine etc., and plenty of rest.

Hope you begin to feel better soon, this time of year can be a real stresser I know.

Pink
x

manmoor
05-12-07, 09:14
Hi Mike,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

honeybee3939
05-12-07, 11:01
Hi Mike

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.

Make sure you check out the links on the left hand side of this page also, they are a good place to start.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

nomorepanic
05-12-07, 19:34
Hi Mike

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nibbles
05-12-07, 19:46
Hi Mike and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Have you been to your doctors as that's a really good place to start as they can offer all sorts of support.

Take care,

Mike :)

ladygrom
06-12-07, 09:14
hi welcome to the site youl find great info on here and we understand how you feel your certainly not alone tc elaine x

Lindalou64
06-12-07, 13:00
HELLO MIKE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE......LINDA

mike2305
06-12-07, 14:10
Thank you for all your replies. I bought some 5-HTR today, do you know how long it could take before it starts to work?

I started off much better today, and at lunch time i lay down to relax, must have dozed off, and woke with a jump, and thats kicked me off again, all tense, i keep telling myself to relax, there is nothing to worry about.

Do you think it is safe to drink 2 bottles of 5% lager, just to help me relax?

Pink Panic
06-12-07, 20:36
Hi again Mike,

I'm glad things started off better for you today.

Sorry I can't help with your other q's but hopefully someone will be along with some answers soon mate.

Take Good Care,

Pink
x

groovygranny
06-12-07, 21:46
Hello Mike :welcome: to you!

Yep, glad you're feeling a bit more positive today - I hated that 'jump-awake' feeling too.

Afraid I don't know anything about the 5-HTR....but try to avoid the alcohol if I was you though - been there, tried it and it just makes things worse in the long run.

I know this is a cliche but have you any hobbies or pastimes? Much better to try occupying your mind than desensitising it with alcohol. Sorry if that sounds a trifle abrupt - but you did ask!

Glad you found us - pleased to meet you!

:)

Southern_Belle
07-12-07, 01:07
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the site. I also don't know about what you purchased but have heard that alcohol is a depresant and makes anxiety worse. I would also speak with your doctor regarding meds and counseling is also a good way to go. Our chat room is open 23/7 if you ever need to speak to someone or have a laugh.

Hugs,

Laura