PDA

View Full Version : Liver Concern

carol_mary
05-12-07, 13:15
Hi I'm new here, but have suffered from HA for the last 15 years on and off. At the moment I am very worried about my liver. I have a pain in the top right hand side of my abdoman which has been coming and going for the past 2 weeks. It is worse if I drink alcohol or eat fatty food. Went to drs this morn who felt my abdoman/liver and said it felt fine. If I had liver cancer would my liver be enlarged and would the pain come and go or be there all the time? Dr thinks it is possible that it is gallstones and has done my bloods. Please help!!

lesleyB
05-12-07, 13:56
Hi,Sounds like it could be gallbladder that usually plays up if you eat fatty food. You have been to the docs and are being monitored so try not to worry(easier said than done i know), If doc thought it was cancer he would have sent you for a liver biopsy. We always think the worst don't we, I had back ache the other day and I turned that into cancer of the spine. Your not alone we are here to help and support you, welcome to the site.:hugs: :flowers:
Lesleyb

carol_mary
05-12-07, 16:18
Thanks for that. I will try not to worry too much!! It isn't hurting too much at the moment - just niggling and I've not had to take any pain killers so it can't be that bad can it??

carol_mary
16-12-07, 09:15
Blood tests were all fine. He said liver function, blood count and everything else tested for were all okay. Although he did say that small stones, or sludge may not be picked up, or I could have passed the stone. I am going for a scan on Tuesday which I am dreading incase they fine anything ominous. Although I assume that anything really bad would have showed in the bloods??

lesleyB
16-12-07, 13:07
Yes it would have shown in the bloods, glad everything with your liver is ok. Hang in there:flowers:
Lesleyb