PDA

View Full Version : are my fears real ?

fretty freda
05-12-07, 20:12
hiya my friends not spoke to you all for a while as i have been feeling pretty good and some days find it hard to believe that only a few months ago i was having a nervous breakdown ! and could barley leave the house due to depression and anxiety i didnt eat ! couldnt sleep at night! and i basically cut myself off from the world i slept all day and couldnt sleep all night times were very rough and i dont ever want to go back there again ! ever it was not a nice place to be so i sympthase with you all

i am pleased to say i have had a massif improvement thanks to the support i have recieved from no more panic and the priory hospital ,medication and a lot of TLC from my family and boyfriend i have now returned to work more or less full time and pretty much got my life back together there are still some underlying fears i have and from time to time doubts creep into my mind but i have to find ways to destract myself and the first things i do is ring my mum and talk to you guys

so heres my doubts /worrys
I FEAR THAT
I see somebody and later i dont have a clue i have seen them

I walk past someone in the street and dont notice them

somebody speaks to me and it doesnt register in my brain and i ignore them

I forget things people have told me

I AM GOING SENILE BUT I DONT KNOW IT

ARE MY FEARS REAL OR IS MY BRAIN PLAYING MIND GAMES I AM INTERESTED TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS AS I VALUE THEM A LOT THANK YOU XXXXX

bottleblond
05-12-07, 20:18
Hi Freda,

Remember these are just fears hun and not reality. You seem to be doing really really well at the moment and i think you should keep up with the positive outlook you have been having and just distract when you feel these thoughs creaping back in.

Good luck and congratulations on your brilliant progress.
:flowers:

Love Lisa
xxx
Love Lisa

jill
05-12-07, 21:06
Hi Freda,

Ohh NO hun, your fears ARE NOT real. the mind is a power thing and can have us thinking all sorts, when we suffer anxiety most of it is negative scary thoughts, BUT, thay are only thoughts and thoughts CAN be changed.

You are doing soooo well, you must be sooooo pround of yourself, WELL DONE.

YOU know how far you have come, keep looking more on your progress and give no importance to these thoughts, YOU KNOW, there only thoughts, keep telling yourself that.

It is normal when recovering that doubts may pop back in. I have not had a pa or high anxiety attact in a long time, BUT, there has been times when thoughts, feelings and doubt pops up, but this just tells me how far I have come and what I have learned and I know now, I will never go back to squere one again and you wont either.

You are doing GREAT,

You take care

LOVE JILLXXX

fretty freda
05-12-07, 21:12
thankyou for your kind and words of support xxxx