PDA

View Full Version : Putting on weight

blackie
05-12-07, 21:04
Hiya all
Ever since i left college which was 2 years ago i have been putting on weight. Being stuck at home (a period of not leaving at all for nearly a year), Bordem, comfort eating, lack of exersise and depression. I have put on 4 stone. I cannot stand the way i look. None of my cloths fit anymore and i dont want to buy any more because i have gone from a size 8 to a size 14. I have gained teriable stratch marks. More so because i was anorexic and very fragile. Since then i have double my weight. I dont want to be ill again like that and being stuck in hospital but i want to lose the weight i have put on. I lose control every evning. Today for example i have done a good half hours exercise this morning. Had a salad and fruit for lunch, did another 10 mins exersice in the afternoon ( i couldnt do anymore as i am so unfit). Then come this evning i have eaten too much dinner and drank to much alcohol. And had a pudding and chocolate for afters. Every day is the same. Having a few glasses of wine is a great plesure to be although i do admit i quite offten drink more. Every week i say i will change. I will exersice and cut down on food. I will stop drinking and every week i fail. I hate it all.
sorry for such a long rant. I just cannot stand being in my skin.
Blackie

clickaway
06-12-07, 02:08
Hi Blackie,

Just wondered if you have had any professional advice to alter your habits to get your weight down.

I can tell that you want to reduce this and are going some way towards it. Could it be that you are drinking this wine because because there is no other positive distraction in your life, especially after dark.

Give some thought over some activity that you could do in its place. This doesn't need to be anything that you excel in - just have a go. Maybe write down in words how you feel, or do some drawing. Maybe something to express yourself and ease out some of your feelings.

Have you a garden you can work in? That could burn off a few calories too.

:hugs:

peach
07-12-07, 00:13
hi blackie,

i totally sympathise with you in this area. im in the same boat, only ive been slowely putting on weight for about 5 years now- since i got ibs, then anxiety....and the last year has been the worst! im 2 dress sizes bigger then i was now....i want to ask, do you feel 'off' all the time these days? cause i do.
i started to exercise at the start of the year and lost a bit, but did my feet in so now im not able to do anything on my feet till i get orthapedics- paying them off now.....

ive started to just cut out the suger- not all but almost all of it, plus i was going macdonalds drive through to avoid walking in crowds etc-made me dizzy- stopped all that now......ive got about 15 kilos to loose to get thin again.......very depressing isnt it, but maybe you should just cut down bits here and there for now just as a start?

like, ive started buying yogurt iccreams instead of the fatty icecream i was eating before.....and got fat reduced cheese and now cutting out lots of bread and bought wholemeal pasta- i hear its lots better then the white stuff....aparently our bodies cant digest it.....
im hoping that this weight loss will help me feel better and more able to rid myself of anxiety disorder and ibs......heres hoping anyway....good luck! and if you need a message buddy to give you confidence with it, then just message me!
( i used to have anorexia and bulemia when i was a teen, so can understand your issues here too)
take care!:)