PDA

View Full Version : Hard to believe that depression is tempoaray

u0000998
06-12-07, 07:39
I find this hard to beleieve at the moment. It does not feel temporary or like it will pass. I wish I could think it will pass - maybes then I would be less anxiuos. Just wondering have others felt the same with depression/anxiety?

PUGLETMUM
06-12-07, 09:31
:) yes and very recently. i literally had no perspective on anything, and was going over and over things till i was totally racked with anxiety/panic. i wasnt sleeping properly and i was never ever relaxed. but i continued going to the gym, going to work, walking my dogs so getting plenty of fresh air, and just constantly challenging the negative thoughts.but the problem is that the nature of depression is such that you 'feel' youve always been like this and you always will. try very very hard to remember times when you werent like this and you should hopefully start to 'see' that actually you havent always been like this. also depressions do have a lifetime, they cant last forever and you dont necessarally need meds. maybe go to a site that helped me when i felt at my worst - uncommonknowledge, i was recommended it by someone on here and i am etenally grateful for that because after going there i immediately started to feel better.it gave me hope again. tc, emma

lesleyB
06-12-07, 15:54
Yes this will pass and you will feel better, think of that when your overwhelmed with anxiety. I used to want to go back to my old self but we can't back we have to go forward, and remember each day that passes is a day nearer feeling better.
Take care of yourself:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Lesleyb

sammie
09-12-07, 11:47
hi

i,m with you on this jo i have never felt so depressed in my life and it scares me i must admit . i woke this morning at half four again churning tummy thoughts of y am i bothering trying to fight this anymore so i eventually got up at half eight got dressed and went food shopping just to get mind off the horrible thoughts i was having so at least that proves to me even at my worst i can still function that is until the next wave of hoplessness descends on me

sammie