PDA

View Full Version : New symptom...

pgw84
07-12-07, 06:23
Hi everyone! I recently went for an echo and 24 hour ecg, although I haven't had the results back yet, my doctor read me a letter from the cardiologist which basically said I appear to be in good health - no murmurs etc.. which is great! I've also correlated ectopics to stress for much of the time which is also great! So much so that for the last few weeks I have had some release from the relentless anxiety I was experiencing before.

Last night I was asleep with the dog on my bed. There was a noise outside and the dog barked and wanted to get out, which woke me up, I struggled up sleepily, let the dog out and led back down. I then got this quivering/fluttering feeling in my chest, I managed to check my pulse in my neck and it felt regularly although it was going quite fast, it was scary as this quivering feeling lasted about 7 or 8 seconds, I was about to cough, remembering advice on here, when I got a couple of ectopic and my heart returned to normal. This is something completely new to me and because of it some of my anxiety has returned to do with my heart again. Even though I haven't been anxious lately, I've still been getting chest pain and chest pressure and now this.:weep: I think I'm also on the brink of getting a cold, I remember last time I had a cold my ectopics came on really badly, but this is something new.

Any help would be really appreciated.

shoegal
07-12-07, 07:27
Hi pgw84,

Please try not to worry about this. Sometimes when I have been woken up with a start I am aware that my heart is beating really fast and thumping in my chest. I think it is just because the body has gone from being asleep where everything slows down to being suddenly startled which makes everything speed up. I think it just takes the body a few minutes to adjust itself. That's what I tell myself when it happens to me.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

shaz01
09-12-07, 19:46
Hi there,

Same here, if I get woken with the phone, noise, even sometimes the alarm then my heart also goes like that, I think its to do with the amount of adrenalin your body produces when you are woken suddenly.

Take care,

Shaz x x

pgw84
11-12-07, 17:32
Thank you both for you replies!

I think my anxiety may have been building up again a few days before the attack, I often wake up suddenly when falling asleep and have a sudden intense fear, which is a sure sign of anxiety. I noticed I'm almost constantly aware of my heart beating a lot of the time again, I must be really focusing on it without realising.

I'll mention this fluttery episode to the doctor next time I go.

Thanks again! :)

pgw84
07-02-08, 18:02
I didn't think there was a need to create a new thread as I just need to ask another question about the same problem, hopefully someone will notice it to give a reply. :)

All my results came back ok, but I've been getting these quick fluttery short spells more regularly lately. My anxiety has lessened a lot too, ectopics and chest pain right down at the moment thankfully.

I think I get these palpitations with sudden change of position, like standing up after laying down, I crouched down into the fridge earlier and got a few seconds of quick palpitations and a fluttery feeling in my chest. How normal is this?

Thank you for your patience.

Lilith1980
07-02-08, 18:20
Hi pgw

If you are getting up too quickly from kneeling down, I think that is quite normal as I have got those before.

I also tend to get a head rush, like warm feeling spreading through my head.

I just tend to take it easy and try not to rush around so much ;)

Jo xxxxx

shaz01
10-02-08, 15:45
Hi Pgw,
I sometimes get them when I have been standing then relax and sit down on a couch, I just read the section in here that says its normal to get them with change of position...........

Shaz x

Allwaysdyin
10-02-08, 23:10
Hi Pgw

I have had this happen to me as well,(Flutters) I will get them when I have been up and about and then sit down on the lounge to relax, I got one yesterday after mowing the lawn and bent down to grab a drink out of the fridge. (Weird) Then I will stress about them for the next couple of hours.

Greg

kestral
10-02-08, 23:37
had a trip to the coast today and on the way back i suddenly felt extreme panic and as if my heart had stopped for a few seconds. i have palps and irregular pulse with missing beats from time to time but have never had this awful feeling.

shaz01
11-02-08, 16:36
Hi folks,

I have thought about this all day today, cause last night I plonked down on the couch and they went beserk, however its the fact that then I feel rough all night, but are they having an effect on my body? or am I just panicking about them and then Im lying in wait for the next one?

Shaz x

Allwaysdyin
12-02-08, 01:17
G'day Guys

Went to the Doc's last night for a check up and told her about the flutters, she didn't even bat an eyelid, said they are perfectly normal and not to worry about it (yeah right) anyway it was reassuring that she was not concerned about it. I guess we just have to find a way to try and ignore them. (easier said than done).

Cheers Greg

pgw84
01-03-08, 13:53
Thanks for your replies! I see I'm really not alone with this one, we're all driving ourselves insane. I've managed to put it out of my mind some what, only for it to be replaced with something else. :scared15: