PDA

View Full Version : Here I go again....

Magster
21-02-05, 14:28
Hi everyone! I haven't been here for about six months. I've been feeling great up until a week ago. It all started when I was at work. All of a sudden I got this feeling as though my heart was racing. I checked my pulse and it was normal but the rush feeling was still there. Has anyone ever felt that without having the racing heart??? It lasts from a minute to sometimes a half hour. I any case, I got a full blown attack yesterday...first one in six months. Just when you think you got rid of the monster it returns. YUCK!!!

Magster.

FAN
21-02-05, 15:45
hi sorry to hear your not feeling at your best but im sure being here will really help you to feel much better

fan x

Magster
21-02-05, 15:51
Thanx...I always feel better when I come here. The thing is that I have never imagined that you can have that adrenaline rush feeling without the racing heart. It's really wierd. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced that or if it's just me.

Magster.

FAN
21-02-05, 15:58
i think maybe we all at some time get different levels sometimes i get the gut churning feelings but nothing else other time i just get pounding heart, it could have been bubbling under as you say you got the full blown one yesterday

fan x

jude
21-02-05, 17:03
Hi magster,

I sometimes get the feeling that my heart is racing when it isnt. Then it feels like it has stopped altogether. I know it hasnt or id be having immense pain, but I still have to feel my pulse to make sure![:P]

I think the 'rush' we feel is adrenalin. I think we must be able to have adrenalin rushes without it making our heart beat rapidly. Im not sure coz Iv no medical knowledge, but it seems logical.

Jude x

Magster
21-02-05, 17:09
Hi! Yeah, it's a very uncomfortable feeling. It's scary when it happens when I'm laying down. Now I'm starting to get the intense fear rush through me as I get these wierd pains just under or behind my sternum. I'm thinking that it's my gastritis acting up but who knows.....I always make it out to be the worst case scenario...like my heart, and then I just panic. This is aweful! Than you guys for your support today!

Magster.

FAN
21-02-05, 18:40
your welcome im sure as you look through the postings things will help and you will feel much better

fan x

nomorepanic
21-02-05, 19:04
Magster

Good to see you back.

Do you know if there was anything going on that could have caused the panic our of the blue. Were you tired, not eaten for a while, a bit run down etc?

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Nicola

Raindrop
21-02-05, 19:45
I've always had that. The "rush" but without the pounding heart. It's only been recently that I've experienced the pounding heart sensations. Definitely the anxiety. When I was in hospital (for an unrelated problem) I was hooked up to all sorts of machines, and there was nothing going on. That weird, horrid feeling was just adrenaline. In fact, my mother told me that when I said "argh, that feeling has come back" my pulse went up (she could see the monitor!) which is a classic panic response. Try not to worry and don't let one bad experience drag you down - you've done so well for 6 months, no reason to let one little incident change that.

Magster
21-02-05, 20:11
I have been under a lot more stress these past few weeks. I will be changing jobs soon so that has me a little bit upside down. I'm sorry boys for saying this but it happens to be that time of the month and I always notice that panic seems to be more prominent around that time. Has anyone else ever notice that? I wonder if the change in hormone concentrations have anything to do with it. I seem to be doing 100% better this afternoon than I was early this morning. Thank you everyone for your feed back. I love this place!

Magster.

nomorepanic
21-02-05, 20:52
Magster

That is very common for us females. Loads on here say they feel worse at that time of the month. We have quite a few posts about it.

Glad you are feeling a bit better now and calmer.

We are always here when you need us ok?

Nicola

jo-jo
21-02-05, 21:08
Hi Magster

Glad to hear you're feeling better, we all have little blips from time to time so try not to be too concerned, and yes, that time of the month does seem to affect quite a few of us! Come to think of it, I've been having a few extra worries over the last week and its that time for me too.

I get the rush thing too, and I'm constantly checking my pulse but don't actually have palpitations even though my body feels like its having them - if you know what I mean! I get that feeling quite a lot even though I haven't had a full on panic so I guess its just another lovely symptom of anxiety.

Chin up hun, you're doing just fine :D

Jo xxx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

Magster
21-02-05, 22:18
Thank you guys so much!!!! :) I've got this whole panic thing on my mind now. I'll be ok though....I've lived through all the rest of 'em. I just hate when I get chest pains cuz then I'm scared to move too fast or in different positions. I don't want them to come back. Oh well....whatever will be will be.

Thank again everyone!!!

Magster.

henri
21-02-05, 22:22
hey magster,

i get the exact same thing, where i feel like i'm spinning out, like my heart's racing etc but actually my heart rate is totally normal. it can last for hours with me. my therapist assures me that this is a sign of acute anxiety.

he also taught me a good little trick for distracting your mind when the rush feeling is happening - he calls it the 'random alphabet' trick. it sounds weird but hear me out!

basically, you have to say random letters of the alphabet out loud. they have to be totally random, so you couldn't say B followed by C. it's harder than it sounds (especially when you're feeling rubbish!) but if you concentrate on it for a minute or two, it'll distract you and calm you down a bit.

quite difficult to explain and i probably sound insane!
anyway take care,

henri x

Magster
24-02-05, 17:17
That actually sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna see if that distracts me with my chest pains too.

Thanks alot!

Magster.

serr1340
24-02-05, 20:18
Hi Magster

The same thing happened to me. I was away at a conference (work related) I was nervous about traveling alone so my husband went with me. At the airport, waiting for our flight home, all of a sudden I felt a "RUSH" feeling. I jumped out of my seat and told my husband I was going to walk around. He knew something was happening to me but let me go. The feeling left me for a while and I sat down, then the feeling came again and this time I felt my heart start to race and I felt shaky. I thought, Gezz Whiz, here is goes again. I've had this condition for over 2 years. At that time I was very well under control and on an anti-depressant, in fact I had been doing so well that the doctor and i had started talking about me stopping meds about 2 months before this happened to me again. I guess I was under allot of stress having to travel but I thought I was handling it well. When I came home, I still felt edgy but more stable, a month later I had a panic/anxiety attack and I contacted my doctor, well my meds were changed. He said that sometimes medication will work for a long time and then just stop all of a sudden, Well since then I have changed meds 2 more times. Now I am using one that seems to work. Don't be discouraged, this seems to be something common, just remember, we been through it once, it didn't kill us, it won't make us go crazy, we will survive it again. It is just a feeling and it will pass. I hope my story works. I don't know if you are on medication but for me, I would totally out of control without meds. I tried not to be on meds and I had no success.
Take care

Marilu