PDA

View Full Version : Tranxenamic Acid

countrygirl
07-12-07, 22:53
Does anyone take this for femal bleeding problems???

I am 46 yrs old and suddenly menopausal with hormonal dysfunctional bleeding. I have ahd this for a year and its getting worse. I recently had all the tests hysteroscopy D&C and biopsy and all normal. I can go tow months without a period then I will start spotting or bleeding slighly for weeks, then have a period but continue spotting and this can go on for two to three months!! GEts expensive. Gyny gave three options - live with it and hope I don't get aneamic - take hormones which I can't do due to family risk factors or have a hysterectomy.

My Gp suggests taking tranx acid if my bleeding is not heavy like a normal period so if have what seems like a period but the bleeding reduces to slight or spotting then take them. She was good at explaining that if my hormone levels are not right then the womb is like a faulty tap not turning on and off properly!!

I hate taking drugs and terrified of side effects. would love to hear form anyone who has taken this.

kazzie
07-12-07, 23:21
Hi There:D

Im 45 and take both transenamic and mefanic acid when I am on due to a nasty fibroid I have

Niether have bad side effects!!!!

Dont worry the change will come soon

Kaz x x x :hugs:

ceecee
08-12-07, 19:17
hi country girl
i take mefenamic acid whicvh i,m sure is the same thing,it does help and theres no noticable side-effects:)

countrygirl
08-12-07, 21:46
Thanks both you have really helped. I have decided if my bleeding has not stopped by MOnday I will start the tablets on Tuesday. Wish me luck!

kazzie
09-12-07, 21:09
Good Luck:yesyes:

The sooner you take it the quicker it works:yesyes:

I take mefanamic and transenamic acid and by the third dose things are under control:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

lesleya
09-12-07, 21:43
Hi countrygirl
Ive been taking tranxanamic acid 2 x 3 times a day when i get a heavy period for about 4 years now, and they're fantastic, they slow down the blood loss within hours and my gp said theyre a mild pain killer too so they ease cramps as well a bit.
Im just turned 50 and am menopausal (my husbands looking for room in a monastry somewhere till im over it).... lol
I really hate taking pills and im totally paranoid of all medication, as ive had a couple of bad reactions .... but....speak as i find these are really good for what your suffering with and i hope when you try them you find them as helpful as i do.
Wish you all the luck

........If men suffered with the menopause they'd have found a cure long ago !!!:winks: :winks:

Lesleya
xxxx:hugs: :hugs: