PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here

jude
21-02-05, 18:36
Hi everyone,

Today Im on a big downer.
A month ago I went to see my GP, asking for referal to a CPN. The GP said she would refer me but didnt know whether they would 'take me on'

As I have not heard anything since, I rang the surgery today. They told me they had recieved a letter from the community health team on 9th Feb.
She read the letter to me over the phone.
Top and bottom of it is, they dont think my case is urgent or serious enough to warrant their attention.
They suggested that I carry on seeing my counsellor. I have only seen her once-last week. She asked me what I was feeling. When I told her about the depersonalisation, she told me she had never heard of it but it 'must be really scary'!!
Can I get over this on my own? I dont know if I can?
Maybe I should look on the positive side and be happy that they dont consider this illness as serious as it feels.

Thats my moan over with.
Thanks for listening.

Jude x

bluebottle
21-02-05, 19:18
Hi Jude,

I'm afraid the mental health services are struggling to provide a quality product. Mental health isn't at the top of the government's priorities.

"Can I get over this on my own? I dont know if I can?"

Your not on your own Jude, you have us. :)

Regards,

Blue
--
Japanese Proverb:
Fall seven times; stand up eight.

FAN
21-02-05, 19:20
blue is right your not on your own here were all behind you with any help you might need

fan x

jude
21-02-05, 19:30
Thank you Blue and Fan,

I must admit, this illness has got me really scared. I dread to think where I would be without you all.
At times I feel hope that I have 'beat' this, only to be hit by a double wammy a few hours later. Its so cruel.
Thank god for No more panic!

Jude x

nomorepanic
21-02-05, 21:38
Jude

It is crap that we can't get the help we need isn't it.

They will quite happily spend millions on pumping us full of drugs that aren't cheap but we can't get some simple counselling like CBT.

I think it is a damn shame that we have to rely on each other for the support we need.

We are all here for you Jude.

You could go back and cry and scream and say "I really am this bad!" lol.

Big hug to you.

Nicola

jude
21-02-05, 22:23
Nicola.

By creating this website you have helped so many people, me included.

Thank you x

nomorepanic
21-02-05, 22:31
Jude

That is why I did it cos I was frustrated with the medical profession and thought "there must be others like me out there".

Then I found all you guys so I am no longer alone and we can all support each other.

It works well and I am sure that it will continue to do so as long as there are people out there that know what it is like then we will be here for them.

The forum wouldn't be what it is without everyone's comments, support, input and dedication so I thank everyone that posts too!

Nicola

lainey
21-02-05, 22:39
Hi Jude

I'm sorry you're feeling low at the moment, but we are all here for you, you are definetly not on your own.
When I was seeing my counsellor and told her all about my symptoms she didn't seem to have any idea about symptoms associated with anxiety- so much for them being qualified eh!
We are all here to help as much as we can.
Take care
Elaine x

nomorepanic
21-02-05, 22:43
Elaine

I am sure we could teach the professionals a lot about these illnesses that they never knew. They read text books and go on previous patient experience.

We all have that here lol!

Nicola