PDA

View Full Version : Coping with M.E.

razocaine_07
21-02-05, 18:00
Hello people, i had M.E. like symptoms for about 12months but was eventually diagnosed with it last month. Just a message to see if anyone else suffers from this illness, along with anxiety. Basically to share experiences and self help methods.

lainey
21-02-05, 22:00
I'm glad you have finally had a diagnosis, which I am sure makes you feel better in one way, knowing what is wrong with you. I am not a sufferer myself, but I'm sure someone will have some tips for you.

Take care

Elaine x

nomorepanic
21-02-05, 22:12
Can I ask how they diagnose this - I always wondered?

Nicola

razocaine_07
24-02-05, 00:30
well theres no physical way of diagnosis (e.g. blood/urine test etc) but it takes a period of time so that a doctor/professional body can monitor your symptoms and see if there is a family history or some trigger, which in my case was an inner-ear virus. Its definatley not something that happens over night and unfortunatly no cure

Meg
24-02-05, 08:07
Taking the best care you can of yourself .

Excellent nutrition with supplements, gentle exercise as you feel able and real relaxation/ meditation.

Lots of convening with nature and being outdoors but maybe not this week !

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

razocaine_07
25-02-05, 15:19
I know meg, i went for a walk, got down the road and turned round and came back to get infront of the fire. I have started exercise..went back to athletics and have started swimming again. The diet needs looking at though