PDA

View Full Version : legs

sherdac
09-12-07, 13:50
Hi all
can someone please help and tell me they have experienced this
i feel as if i am losing it, my legs are so weak and jelly, i feel as if they aren't there. I am really scared

Pink Panic
09-12-07, 13:53
Hi

I get this loads. Sometimes I feel as if my legs are going to give way and I will fall over but they haven't yet.
It's horrible I know but it's yet another classic anxiety symptom.

Pink
x

sherdac
09-12-07, 13:59
Thanks pink panic. i have been getting so many sensations in my legs, running, tingling, twitching, soreness and now this as if my legs aren't there. I am really worried. i know its my anxiety but how bad can your anxiety get.

Pink Panic
09-12-07, 14:04
Anxiety is just the pits. The bodily sensations are awful and the more we worry about them the worse they seem to get. Have you tried any relaxation tapes? They sometimes help me.

:hugs:
Pink
x

sherdac
09-12-07, 14:07
Hi, i have on a few occasions but did not really work. I would so love to be relaxed. i think if i did relax after so long i would not know what hit me.

Pink Panic
09-12-07, 14:17
Hi again,

You really have to practice it for it to work, easier said than done though when you are so stressed but believe me it does work and I have actually fallen asleep with the earphones in. It's helps that Paul McKenna has a sexy voice though :blush:

Pink
x

BasilCat
09-12-07, 15:00
Hi Sherdac, Try www.selfhelphypno.com (http://www.selfhelphypno.com) Its a girl at Sheffield who runs an hypnotherapy (amongst other things) practice and she will do you a personal relaxation CD or tape (£20 or £10). She wants the details of how you are feeling etc and how you want to feel and then she either incorporates it into a CD or tape. I think its a good idea, especially as I have had no concrete help with the way I have been and to hear a calming voice working specifically on my needs would be great. I understand how you are feeling and you are not alone.

Something to think about anyway? The girl is called Laura Kate by the way. She has a self help page too that you can read.

Love Shirley
x x x

sherdac
09-12-07, 15:48
Thanks very much basil cat. great info, sheree

BasilCat
09-12-07, 16:52
Hi Sheree, Glad I was able to help.

Best Wishes
Shirley
x

SANDYJANE
10-12-07, 10:50
i get this all the time , just wished it would go away.

love sandy xxx

mlondon
11-12-07, 20:39
Wow i thought i was the only person that experienced this. I go through a different anxiety every few weeks. The leg thing happens and yes i think, how can i possible walk anywhere i will fall flat, collapse, i imagine someone calling an ambulance, not being able to get up. I think for me it reflects my fear of helplessness, losing the basic skills that make me survive and needing to rely on someone. You are definately not alone!

mlondon
11-12-07, 20:40
ps, I have experienced this anxiety on and off for 5 months and I haven't fallen over or collapsed once!