PDA

View Full Version : New here

linger
10-12-07, 00:15
Hi

im 19 and have been suffering with panic attacks for almost a year now. I'm really edgy right now, which is why I came online to find some help. I'm in my first year at university, and have been struggling a bit recently. I went to see the university doctor, and she told me to see a cardiologist and that she "had to be cautious in reassuring me" that i was ok. I just wanted some help dealing with the anxiety!

When i'm really bad I can't sleep properly, I start to drift off and then think i'm passing out so sit straight up in bed, this happens for hours until I exhaust myself and finally sleep. I get a funny flippy feeling in my stomach sometimes, like when you go over a bump in a car and it takes my breath away.

You'll often find me on a bus trying to get home as fast as possible trying not to cry. I used to be so out-going and active, now I find myself wanting to lie about feeling ill so I don't have to come out, I try not to though because if i'm so scared of dying then I should make the most of everything. I'm so stupid, I even get scared if my heart is beating a bit slower than normal..

This is such a long message, I didn't mean it to be, thanks for reading
Lucy xx

alexis
10-12-07, 00:28
Hi lucy, I think you will find this forum very helpful, and soon be very reassured to realise you are not alone here, and many others feel the same way, hope you get lots of useful replies,xxx

manmoor
10-12-07, 08:30
Hi Lucy,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

honeybee3939
10-12-07, 10:33
Hi Lucy

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Lindalou64
10-12-07, 13:05
HELLO LUCY AND WELCOME TO THE SITE........LINDA

groovygranny
10-12-07, 15:18
Hello linger:welcome: to you!

That wasn't a long message at all - you'll get loads of help, advice and support here so hope the 'edgey' feeling will wear off a bit soon.

Glad to have you here, pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

trac67
10-12-07, 15:22
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

nomorepanic
10-12-07, 21:52
Hi Lucy

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nibbles
10-12-07, 22:50
Hi Lucy and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Pink Princess
13-12-07, 01:32
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/webztuff/Hi_Hello/b1c4c983b910e66.jpg

welcome to the site, hope to see you around soon xx take kare xxx