PDA

View Full Version : lump worries (ladies)

Janieb
10-12-07, 08:51
I have been doing so well with my anx and panic, but this morning whilst in the shower I thought I felt a hard lump in my breast! it was like woooooow panic attak, had to sit down I felt so light headed.

But then I went back to feel and it appered gone...then I ask my hubby to feel and he couldn't feel anything, lying down sitting up any which way....so I am in a flat panic, work has been a nightmare and I can't get to a doc till fri. Don't think I can last that long:weep: everything just seems to be going down hill at the moment, I feel like a useless waste of space as well. I know Work won't let me go off and have it checked my new boss is a complete wazzick!

Now i am worried that I have breast cancer, and the lump is there and has been there for ages but it just moves so what if the doc can't find it....sorry just was hoping for a bit of reassurance.

Take care,
Janie

manmoor
10-12-07, 09:07
Hi Janie,

I remember when I found a wee lump in my breast hun and it turned out to be nothing as I'm sure yours is when hubby couldnt find it. The good thing is you say it moves which makes me think its one of those wee squishy lumps we all have in our breasts which mine also turned out to be. Try not to worry (easy for me to say I know cos I knew how I felt when I had mine) but I'm sure its nothing to worry about. Sorry I cant give you more reasurrance. xxx

Janieb
10-12-07, 09:11
Thanks for your reply Mandy, really appreciate it I know my anx is not making this easier

manmoor
10-12-07, 09:13
Janie have a big hug from me hun to get you through this wee blip :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and remember we are all in the same boat with this old health anxiety xxx

ladygrom
10-12-07, 09:15
hi janie its easy for me to say this but we all have lumps and bumps in our breast and they are usualy breast tissue in other words fatty tissue and the good news is yours moves around i realy cant see this as been serious ive been the docs once with the same thing and he said we all have funny little lumps and bumps in iour breasts .glad your going the doctors to get it checked tho just for reinsurance. tc elaine xx

strawberrie
10-12-07, 10:38
hi janie, i have been through this so many times and i know how it feels. Sometimes i think i can feel something, and then i can't find it again and that can be even worse than being able to find it, cos i convince myself that its something bad and i just can't find it :blush:

I know its hard to think rationally, but if you had a cancerous lump, it would not move so you would still be able to find it. My doctor has told me that it is usually pretty obvious if you have a lump that needs to be checked out, so if you are looking for it and can't find it then that is a good sign.

My guess is that you felt a normal lumpy bit of breast tissue and cos it is something that worries you, your mind has made it seem more prominent than it really is. :shrug: Also, my doctor told me that when i do a breast check i must do it with the flats of my fingers, not the fingertips. She said if you use the fingertips then you will be able to feel loads of lumps, but these are just normal lumpy bits, so please try not to worry too much :hugs:

take care xxx

countrygirl
10-12-07, 14:48
I bet you were feeling the fat cells in your breast - did you use your fingertips or press from top down breast?? If I press down and pull down at the same time I can feel all the fat cells!!!!

I was in a bad car accident 6 years ago and got severe compression injury from seatbelt to right breast - it looked horrific with bruising. 4 days later the bruised fat tissue became fat necrosis and formed huge lumps!!!!!!!! freak or what cos noone at the hospital had warned me of this, the lumps were so big my breast was totally deformed with a large dented valley where the seatbelt had been. Mad panic run back to Dr who said don't worry its just dead fat tissue and will take about a year to go away. I had an ultrasound 10 months later and it had all gone although they could see the scar in my breast.

Janieb
10-12-07, 19:12
Thank you everybody for your replies! it has helped a great deal and I have really come a long way since this mornings panic :) I am going to go to the docs on Friday anyway just in case but I have been pushing with my finger tips, and maybe feeling something which is not serious. my breasts seem to go hard and soft all day so who knows what it is.

But thank you so much for all the support it's been brilliant :yesyes: :yesyes: