PDA

View Full Version : mirtapazine

kittyyyy
10-12-07, 13:26
Hi
I am new to this site, and recently changed my medication from Prozac to mirtapazine. I was on the Prozac for 10 years on and off, and until recently haven;t suffered any major blips (thats what i like to call them). This particular blip was a bad one, i felt suicidle and came very close to doing something stupid. So i took myself of to the doctors. I am coming up to my 2nd week of being on mirtapazine. The first few days were hell i was constantly dizzy and tired i got signed of work for a week.

I am feeling better in myself, not sure if this is the drug or not. Was looking for some advice from anyone else that is taking this drug or has in the past.

jo61
10-12-07, 14:30
I've been on mirtazapine for about 6 years and have found it good. IN the early days I did feel tired and had a 'hangover' every day. Unfortunately there are no guarantees with any drug and it varies from person to person how well they work. Hold on to the fact that you feel a bit better since you went on it. It worked for me.

Ozzy
10-12-07, 15:53
Hello i been on this for about 4-5months now and its working well yeah it makes you really tired for a few weeks and in the mornings i found i couldnt open my eyes at all, but they are working well for me, i also found i eat quite alot on theses to but thats a good thing when im depressed i dont eat so thats a good side affect to have :winks:

i hope they work for you :)

take care Ozzy
x

gabbi
05-05-09, 17:48
Hi, I am new to this site. Have been prescribed mirtapazine for ADHD. Have been taking it for 2 months now. Can't help noticing that some posts here said that this drug made you feel hung over in the beginning. After two months its getting no better, does it take longer to get used to it? Also does anyone have an upset stomach with it.

:unsure:

regards

gabbi

hoji
15-05-09, 21:58
Hi
I am new to this site, and recently changed my medication from Prozac to mirtapazine. I was on the Prozac for 10 years on and off, and until recently haven;t suffered any major blips (thats what i like to call them). This particular blip was a bad one, i felt suicidle and came very close to doing something stupid. So i took myself of to the doctors. I am coming up to my 2nd week of being on mirtapazine. The first few days were hell i was constantly dizzy and tired i got signed of work for a week.

I am feeling better in myself, not sure if this is the drug or not. Was looking for some advice from anyone else that is taking this drug or has in the past.

I've been taking Mirtazipine for some time now, 4 years I think. The dizziness will wear off in time, I had the same thing happen when I started taking it. I started on 60mg and am now down to 48. I take it at bed time (also with seroquil on the nights that I just can't get to sleep). But Mirtazipine has been my best ally in the fight against insomnia. Only thing that has happened (adversely) with the medicine, is that I like to snack at night. On the nights that I do snack, a couple days later, or even the next day, I've gained 1/2 to a whole pound. But then again, I rarely exercise! :roflmao:

It might be harder to loose weight while you are on the medicine if this is the case, it seems to slow your metabolism a little, but nothing to be alarmed by, just a small bit.

Hope this helps kittyyyy!