PDA

View Full Version : Partners

Peacheywoo
10-12-07, 21:22
Hi Admin......I'm just wondering if its possible to start a thread for partners/family, etc. I struggle at times coping with hubby and a demanding full time job and I'm finding that although my friends are supportive they can't really understand.

I wasn't sure where to put it so I thought I'd start here and ask for your guidance.

Thanks guys

Peach

nomorepanic
10-12-07, 21:26
Hi there

We used to have a carers forum but it wasn't used that much so I removed it in the end.

Maybe do a post under MISC and see if there is any interest for it now.

Thanks

Lilith1980
12-12-07, 12:41
I didnt see a post in Misc so thought I'd reply to this thread. The only "issue" I would have with this is whether the partners would be able to see our posts. I have to admit, that some of my posts tend to moan about my partner and I wouldnt want him to see.

Conversely if he moaned about me, I wouldnt want to read that either. It would help either of us.

So, personally, if this was set up, I would feel "easier" if the sufferers and partners' sections were separated and each had separate log-ins so one could not see the other.

Hope that makes sense, I was trying to explain it and was confusing myself at the same time! :D

Lilith1980
14-12-07, 12:38
Hi Nigel,

Ah I see, well fair enough.

My partner knows I use a site to help me but he doesnt know its this one so I'm not too worried. And I doubt he would start looking up in Google about anxiety unless things got really bad for me - he's not the most proactive person when it comes to helping me with this!

If he wanted to use this forum I would probably change my login name to something he wouldnt know, as he might know who I am from this name. But I'm not concerned with it at the mo.

Thanks