PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone

mercurius
10-12-07, 21:54
I'm a bloke, mid-fifties, who has been suffering from anxiety / panic around work issues for a long time. It usually happens after a period of intense work and often takes the form of tunnel vision, obsessive pre-occupation with work, early waking, a lot of tightness in the chest/chest pain, inability to relax or take any notice of anything else, a tight feeling in my head (as if it is under pressure and might burst), over breathing. I find it really hard to concentrate and virtually the only thing that seems to release it is taking diazepam.

It has taken me a long time to realise that it is something that I am doing to myself and is a learned, unhealthy response to stress. I am trying to get away from thinking of my self as a victim and take more control by finding ways to manage the anxiety and panic more effectively.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the people round here.

Thanks for listening.

mercurius

nomorepanic
10-12-07, 22:11
Hi there Mercurius and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you will meet some fab people on here.

celia davies
10-12-07, 22:35
hello mercurius,welcome hope you find what your looking for
celia

Nibbles
10-12-07, 22:50
Hi mercurius and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
10-12-07, 23:16
Hello mercurius :welcome:to you!

Know what you mean about an unhealthy response to stress - trying to avoid just that when I think I've got another 12 years before retirement! Most times I manage it, sometimes I don't. But focusing on the positive most of the time certainly minimises the negative - can be hard work though.

Anyway, plenty of help and support here - glad you found us and pleased to meet you!

:)

manmoor
11-12-07, 08:38
Hi Mercurius,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

CarmR
11-12-07, 10:46
Hello mercurius

A big warm welcome to you!!

You will find plenty of help and support here.

Best Wishes

Carmel:hugs:

Lindalou64
11-12-07, 13:14
HELLO MERCURIUS AND WELCOME WISH YOU THE BEST......LINDA

mercurius
12-12-07, 23:04
Thanks to all for your kind words and warm welcome.

mercurius

trac67
12-12-07, 23:27
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Pink Princess
13-12-07, 01:48
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/hello/images/12.jpg

welcome xxx