PDA

View Full Version : What On Earth Am I Going To Do Now?

Tabatha
11-12-07, 15:43
Hi everyone

Went to my GP yesturday who inform me that I had been turned down for more CBT. As I work at the local mental health unit I was referred to another Trust but they have refused to see me.

As some of you may know I have terrible OCD and GAD. I was signed off work because of this for 4 months and have just returned. I am not coping very well because of the negative thoughts and complusive arranging. I am presently taking 20mg Escitalopram since May, which isn't helping at all.

What am I going to do now, I cant cope with all thes horrible continous thoughts anymore. Private CBT is too expensive and I hate medications
:weep: :weep: :weep:

Ma Larkin
11-12-07, 17:36
Hi Tabatha, I got turned down for CBT even after my GP advised that he thought it was the perfect solution for me. My problem was health anxiety, I was convinced I had a heart problem due to an attempted overdose. When I went to be assessed for CBT they told me that if there was a problem with my heart, I'd be dead by now! I was mortified, but things did get much better for me. I know it's hard to say persevere and things will get better, but that's what I had to do. I suffered for over 2 years and now don't worry at all about it. I know its not the same as what you are suffering, OCD is something that I haven't been affected by, but I did try and re-train my thoughts myself and it seems to have worked.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Les

Tabatha
11-12-07, 18:36
thank you for your reply :)

However, my problems have been going on for nearly 15 years and I am on 29. They need to be sorted now. I have tried thinking differently but it is very very difficult without some support.

I have really had enough now and I see no way out. Once again the OCD is ruining my career, my life everything. I dont know what to do anymore except curl up in bed and cry
:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Nibbles
11-12-07, 21:53
Hi Tabatha,

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time at the moment. :hugs: Have you tried the CBT courses you can do yourself on the computer or reading some self help books? Something I try and do is tackle only one part of my anxiety at a time so it doesn't seem so daunting.

Take care,

Mike :)

Tabatha
12-12-07, 01:12
I have tried self-help books but my concentration is terrible:mad:

I also have continious negative thoughts which are really upsetting me.

Does anyone else ever feel like they will shout swear words when in public places? :wacko: :wacko:

nomorepanic
12-12-07, 01:14
Wave the NICE guidelines at them and demand help - they can't refuse then!

Pink Princess
12-12-07, 13:20
http://www.animated-glitter-graphics.com/images/hug3combine.gif

hope things work out for you and you get something sorted soon

stay strong xxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
12-12-07, 14:22
WISH YOU WELL TABETHA BIG HUGS FOR YA SORRY YA HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME AT THE MOMENT........LINDA

Southern_Belle
16-12-07, 17:29
Hi Tabatha,

Huge :hugs: and hoping you are feeling better. If your current meds are not working for you and you have been on them a long time perhaps you could change them if you want to continue on meds. I do know that a lot of people are against Paxil but I am on it for OCD and GAD and it has worked great for me. This just a suggestion but along with psychotherapy I have found both to be helpful. If you have been turned down for CBT do you think they would turn you down for psychotherapy? Not knowing how your insurance works up there I am not sure. I do hope you find answers to your problem.

More :hugs:,

Laura