PDA

View Full Version : Heart Dreams?

Gryphoenix
11-12-07, 22:54
I was wondering if anyone's experiened heart dreams, if that makes any sense. :D

I have really vivid, exciting dreams and recently I've sometimes dreamed about my heart beating hard or fast, then I wake up and it IS beating hard and fast.

One time I even dreamed I had multiple scary-feeling ectopics and I woke up and I was worried that what if I had those ectopics in reality and they just transferred over into the dream?

For example recently I was dreaming that I was in this building with an old friend and all of a sudden we hear a noise and it's some kind of machine in the building about to blow up, so we dash down the stairs to exit, and I feel my heart beating fast like in real life. (I was somehow happy and comfortable about it in the dream, because I knew it was 'healthy' to exercise like this.) Then later on in the dream I was dodging lightning bolts, running from the building to a parking lot, and a plane falls out of the sky and nearly lands on me. I wake up and my heart's pounding away like a jackhammer. :D

However it wasn't really a nightmare, I wasn't 'that' scared, though running around and dodging the lighning thing was very unnerving. I've had nightmares before where I wake up and I am scared and I understand that it's perfectly normal to have a pounding heart.

I just find it annoying because most of the time in my dreams I'm able to run for ages without getting tired (or fly!) and I don't like my real-life worries to creep in on this 'fun time'. (As you can tell I really do like my dreams. XD)

cassi23
12-12-07, 09:43
Hi Hun,

Its just that the nature of your dream has triggered the fight or flight response and that rush of adrenaline which causes your heart to beat fast - i get this if having a bad dream or where i'm having to run away from something!

hope that helps xcassix