PDA

View Full Version : Any new people from somerset??

pink daisy
12-12-07, 11:49
As there are many new members, I was wondering if there was anyone from the somerset area??

ChristopherJ
15-12-07, 01:46
I'm in Bristle. That's sort of near Somerset.

chrissy87
02-01-08, 12:23
I live in Bristol :)

annaedwards1989
02-01-08, 16:40
I'm bristol aswell, north somerset area

erialc
02-01-08, 22:02
Bristol too :)

ChristopherJ
04-01-08, 01:24
Oooooooooooh! Great. Lots of people from Bristol here. Maybe a meet up sometime in the future. Pity that it's winter, or we could have a picnic on the Downs. I'd like to meet a few people from this forum just to prove to myself that I am not alone with anxiety and panic problems - and that there are other people just like me. :hugs:

Anyone got any ideas?

Mystical
04-01-08, 04:33
Believe me - you are certainly not on your own with your panics and uncertainties. As for a Bristol meet - why not arrange a meet somewhere like Glastonbury where you can get together and spend time doing things that I'm not going to suggest, becuse others will do that once they're interested in meeting up.

One in six ppl have panic attacks at some time or other; you're not alone. And talking really helps so spend time in chat.... Often just knowing that others are feeling the same discomfort is enough to get real interesting discussions going.

Problem is that many members of NMP are confined to their localities by their social anxieties, or there would be far more opportunities to meet together.

Welcome to NMP and don't forget to take full advantage of the support on offer..... Mystically yours...... a.k.a. Stu xxxxxxxxx Good luck with the meet.

Mystical
04-01-08, 04:35
Believe me - you are certainly not on your own with your panics and uncertainties. As for a Bristol meet - why not arrange a meet somewhere like Glastonbury where you can get together and spend time doing things that I'm not going to suggest, becuse others will do that once they're interested in meeting up.

One in six ppl have panic attacks at some time or other; you're not alone. And talking really helps so spend time in chat.... Often just knowing that others are feeling the same discomfort is enough to get real interesting discussions going.

Problem is that many members of NMP are confined to their localities by their social anxieties, or there would be far more opportunities to meet together.

Welcome to NMP and don't forget to take full advantage of the support on offer..... Mystically yours...... a.k.a. Stu xxxxxxxxx Good luck with the meet.

ChristopherJ
05-01-08, 01:39
Ahhhh . . . . Glastonbury . . . :smile:

I love the place. Not the festival (although that was good years ago when it was smaller) but the town itself. I first went there back in 1971 - so that tells you what an old hippy I am! I love the Tor - and I particularly love the Abbey. Both are very spiritual places and - so I have found - places of calm. I feel at peace when I am there.

Maybe we could have a NMP Festival there . . . :flowers:

groovygranny
05-01-08, 05:36
Haha, you're not alone Christopher!

I'm another ol' hippie from over the border in Devon, Plymuff to be precise - or Plymouth if you're posh!

I was wanting to go to Glastonbury since 1969 - but finally got there in 1997 when I caught up with an old school friend lol! Have been quite a few times since then. I agree, it is a very lovely spiritually pleasing place to be....except when I found myself surrounded by cows on the Tor!:ohmy:

:flowers:

kazzie
05-01-08, 18:00
Im up for a Glasto meet up:)

Love the place:)

Kaz x x x:hugs:

erialc
05-01-08, 19:53
Well I am from that area - my mum and dad live 10 mins from Glastonbury (Pilton - where the Glasto festival is!)

If there is a meet up count me in :)

Claire x

ChristopherJ
06-01-08, 01:26
Well I'm definately up for a Glastonbury meeting. It's fairly easy for me to get to as I have a car. But I wouldn't like to meet up in a pub as I don't drink anymore and that wouldn't feel right for Glastonbury anyway. I'd much rather meet up outside somewhere. Maybe in the Abbey grounds. But that needs good weather and we are not likely to see that until about April. That's 12 weeks away. Hmmmm . . . maybe.

Let's throw some ideas around here and see what we feel like doing.

BTW - I could give 2 or 3 people a lift from Bristol to Glastonbury. You'd just have to listen to hippy music all the way there . . . :D

largetony
29-09-08, 15:51
Hi pink-daisy,
I just joined nmp today.My wife is also a member here (LINDAJOY) Linda
We are both from somerset,and would be great if we could have a meet up.
We would have the kettle on and boiling ready for a cuppa.
You are most welcome to visit us both.
God Bless Tony(largetony):)
Take care

Carly Lou
26-01-10, 18:57
Hey guys im from Shepton mallet xxx

butterfly1
26-01-10, 20:25
Hi Carly i live in shepton mallet too:) Butterfly1

prioryguy
27-01-10, 21:18
Near Frome..

NotResponding
31-01-10, 19:28
woa there are too many people around here :scared15:
im from south west also, get on bay!

pink daisy
09-02-10, 15:35
Hey guys I am having a somerset meet up in april here is the link to it :-)

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66094