PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

MissM
12-12-07, 23:23
Hello :) I am new here...
I am 27 years old. I have had symptoms of depression, phobias, irrational thoughts, panic attacks and all sorts of other nice things, which I kind of handled on my own in effective or not so effective ways over the years.
I had gone through counselling for a while, but didn’t get any real help from that, since the 2 professionals I had been seeing didn’t find anything wrong with me and just suggested loosening up, since “panic attacks and the rest never killed anyone.” I quit counselling about 4 years ago and I am afraid I do not regard it as a positive experience. Over these years I had never felt really ok (and I don't mean happy or calm), I just managed to swing from feeling bad to feeling less bad, which demanded quite an effort on its own, since I faced some personal and family issues that worsened things altogether.
I have been in the UK (really far away from home) for three months now, to study as a mature student. This is something I wanted to do for a very long time and I am supposed to be madly happy about. For the moment I only experience the madly part of the deal :yesyes: The thing is that the feelings and situations I handled in borderline terms on my own in the past have been overwhelming and especially during the past few weeks have become quite difficult to cope with.
I am thinking of giving a try to counselling again hoping I won’t be unlucky this time. But until then I think that having people to share this thing might help. I am looking forward to that.:D
Thank you all, and sorry if all this doesn’t make any sense :blush:

trac67
12-12-07, 23:25
Hi,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Pink Princess
13-12-07, 01:47
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/hello/images/12.jpg

welcome xxxxxxxxx

ladygrom
13-12-07, 04:48
hi and welcome youl find some great info on this site we all understand and dont forget your not alone tc elaine xxx

manmoor
13-12-07, 08:16
Hi Miss,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
13-12-07, 14:10
HELLO MISS M AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL........LINDA

Lilith1980
13-12-07, 14:43
Welcome to the forum hun :D xxxxx

honeybee3939
13-12-07, 21:04
Hi MissM

Welcome to NMP. its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Nibbles
13-12-07, 22:32
Hi MissM and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

groovygranny
14-12-07, 23:21
Hello Miss M :welcome: to you!

Your post makes complete sense - and you will find plenty of help and support here from people who are experiencing much the same as you.

Good luck with the counselling!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
15-12-07, 00:44
Hi there and a warm :welcome: aboard.

Hope we can be of some help.

There are some lovely people on here and loads of support.

Southern_Belle
16-12-07, 16:00
Miss M,

Hello and welcome to the site. Many here have felt like you do and you will find that you are not alone.

Hugs,

Laura